• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I think this game is due for an Unreal Engine 4 port

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    Since my participation in Early Access (back when there were only 4 perks), I have personally grown fond of KF2 and it's still my go-to for some shooter action.

Unfortunately, it has become increasingly more difficult to enjoy the game with its myriad of stability problems that I feel can only be explained as "game from 2016 using an engine from 2006 that is bloated with almost 3 years worth of content bloat" and while the loading screens were tolerable, long loading screens eventually became inexplainable latency of over 500ms (Because only in KF2 can a shooter have more network problems than a fighting game) and things have culminated to "really long loading screens that can CRASH THE GAME. Oh, and if your game survives the loading screens, i hope you like random hangs".

At this point, adding more things to KF2 will make the game unplayable due to its archaic game engine and I feel like it would be best to halt post-release support for the game in favour of porting everything currently in KF2 to Unreal Engine 4. (Heck, the absurdity of KF2's lack of optimization has me willing to buy the game twice just to have it not run like garbage)

If you're experiencing poor performance and crashes especially during launch its probably time to clean your local files as some issues may have occurred over the years. The recommended solution for this has been to delete your My Documents > My Games > KillingFloor2 folder. I often do this between updates to keep things clean.

In over 2k hours I have not experienced latency issues and its most likely on your end so its probably time to investigate that. Or stop using match-making.

Sometimes I can understand why devs dont listen to users, when some suggest monumental and unrealistic tasks as "change the engine bro" as a trivial thing.

Upvote 0
    Delta69er;n2330759 said:
    Sometimes I can understand why devs dont listen to users, when some suggest monumental and unrealistic tasks as "change the engine bro" as a trivial thing.

Like, i understand that "Change the engine bro" is far from trivial. I understand that bringing Killing Floor 2 to a new engine would essentially be the development of a new game, and i am saying that I am willing to actually buy that game even though it's the same game that i have enjoyed up until its nearing of critical mass.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0