• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A New Weapon Idea: Sonic Eruptor

HarryMcAuley99

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 24, 2017
England
After several months of being dormant, I have returned to give yet another lame idea for a new weapon. My latest trashy idea is the.. 'Sonic Eruptor'.
So what in tarnation does it do?
Well, it's a cannon that shoots out highly dangerous blasts of.. Sound? Wind? Something, that causes Zeds too close to the blast to be skyrocketed into the air. But there's more to it than just that, this weapon will be so powerful it'll send you flying backwards, and you, yourself will become a temporary projectile, meaning any Zeds behind you will be knocked over, killed or whatever. Zeds too close to the blast will be dismembered and send into the atmosphere, while bigger Zeds may stumble or get knocked over. Aim this thing at a head at point blank range however and it'll do some serious damage to anything unfortunate enough to be stood in your way.
Of course, such a strong weapon will be a Tier 5, and will be exclusive to the Survivalist. It'll probably cost something like 2000 - 2500, and have 1 shot in the.. Mag? Clip? And 19 in reserve.

Overall, it'll a highly powerful weapon, capable of wiping out an entire hoard of trash Zeds in a single shot, though it'll have a relatively small ammo count for balance reasons.

and that is that
now please tell me in the responses how lame it is thanks

s5yn3t;n2330448 said:
Why not? Always fun to have some kind of topic created, even if it's a meh idea just to get some discussion going.

Forum right now is dryer than salt flats.

My thoughts exactly. I just like making up these silly ideas and never take myself TOO seriously, and I have fun doing it too. And who knows? Maybe one day one of my ideas might actually be well recieved by the rest of the forum members. xD

Upvote 0
Alright let me try to add some depth to this.

[SONIC ERUPTOR]
(Needed some stage presence....)

Damage type is sonic, which means like a siren should avoid most resistances
  • Normal fire: fires a cone of sonic damage to disrupt zeds, after a shot bit zeds start to walk aimlessly and might attack randomly in any direction...cause fun
  • Alt fire: places the gun on the ground shoot the ground creating a crater sucking all zeds inward and sending the owner in the air....cause...fun

CONLUSION
....I did it....

Reactions: HarryMcAuley99
Upvote 0