• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New alternative for the Demo

Tefaan

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2012
Hi,

I love the Demo perk but I have the feeling that the only useful loadout is the usual M16 and RPG combination. I thought of an alternative to the M16.

Maybe there could be a semi-automatic rifle with an attachment for a grenade launcher.
It could be a real weapon or even a make-shift / sci fi weapon maybe with bullets that have explosive damage to make it more effective as an alternative to the M16. Otherwise it could have less weight so you can carry another backup gun. Also it could be a crossperk weapon for the Survivalist.

I know there are many weapons for the Demo perk but I find the M16 as the only good defending weapon in close combat.

What do you think? Would you be interested in that idea?

Tefaan;n2330439 said:
Also it could be a crossperk weapon for the Survivalist.
Survivalist gets everything by default, so I don't really understand what you mean by this.

Anyways, for a second combo weapon for demo, yes, a semi auto rifle could be good. For the grenade launching altfire, there could be an interesting difference there, too. Rather than another underbarrel attached grenade launcher, it would be neat for a new demo combo weapon to use rifle grenades. They're grenades that are attached to the muzzle of a rifle, and launch by firing the rifle. Common types of rifle grenades require the rifle be loaded with blanks for launching, which wouldn't work at all with KF2's pace, but there are also other types of rifle grenades which work with standard rifle ammo, which is what I suggest.
The controls for such a weapon in KF2 would be simple: primary fire fires the rifle, reload reloads the rifle, and altfire attaches a grenade. Altfire with a grenade already attached would detach it, save it for later. To balance out how this is less convenient than the M203 having both the launcher and rifle ready to go at the same time independently if both are loaded, the rifle grenades could enjoy a full splash radius like the M79 has, instead of the nerfed radius the M203 suffers. And/or more direct impact damage.

Upvote 0
Azukki;n2330443 said:
Survivalist gets everything by default, so I don't really understand what you mean by this.

Well, that is true. I rather meaned that it fits the perk well because of the universal use of gunfire and explosives.

I've thought of the K34 as an example maybe but then again it'd be probably too slow to attach the grenade and fire. just like you said. That's why I wrote make-shift / sci-fi weapon. In the past we had weapons and updates that were very creative in designs.

This new weapon needs to be as similarly fast in killing as the M16 because the M16 is a really good weapon with the combination of bullets and explosives.

Upvote 0