• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New SWAT Perk Bonus

RaNdOmKiLs666

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
So some people would say that the SWAT is just a weaker version of the Commando, i also mostly agree with this.

The main reason i think the SWAT struggles vs Commando is the damage output, so i thought of a new perk bonus to offset this somewhat.

CQB (Close Quarter Battle): SWAT Weapons deal up to 50% more damage to zeds at/or within 16 meters. (25% base + 1% per level)

So as an example, if a zed is at 8 meters away from a SWAT, that SWAT players weapons will deal 25% more damage to that zed. I think this would make the SWAT superior to the Commando at closer ranges, while the Commando would still maintain its ability to engage from pretty much any range and be effective.

As a secondary buff to the SWAT, i'd increase the SWATS base armor from 100 to 150, and yes this would be boosted up to a whopping 225 with Assault Armor. The reason i'd apply this change is to encourage SWATs to play more aggressively to get the most out of the CQB perk bonus and to also make the SWAT a bit more durable then all other ranged perks.

So anyway that's just a couple of ideas i had to improve/change up SWAT gameplay vs Commandos.

Almost nobody plays Swats in a 6 person match on the boss wave of the highest difficulties and survives. If you watch almost every swat runs out of ammo and dies or they die before running out of ammo. It's usually another perk that takes out the boss if they succeed at all. Usually I notice smart swat players switching to another perk on the boss wave. This shows how underpowered the swat is compared to other classes. They are just a trash killer, like the firebug. While the firebug has gotten a big help with the now nerfed Helios Rifle, the swat struggles having to use a grenade and more than a clip of the kriss to take down a Scrake or FP. Also I notice most Swats don't use stumble (which is really strong for Swat). I'd like to see Swat at least get a bigger base ammo pool on perk specific weapons.

Upvote 0