• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Interaction with maps/stages

KF2-JUNkie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 8, 2019
As much fun as I have playing Killing Floor 2; I have had a lot of migraine moments with just about every map played on that (just like everyone else has experienced) has costed me and multiple ppl I play with games and ill explain.

Issue:
We all have had the dumb luck of being mashed and bashed in the ground by one or multiple zed mauling's, where we are helpless to fight off a 5 or more gang up because we simply got driven into a corner, ran in the wrong direction, or simply couldn't be the hero when everyone else died off. Time after time the main reason we are always in these predicaments imo, is because of mainly the lack of a what I call (frozen environment); What I mean by that is we run around endlessly fighting off horde after horde only to get backed into lets say a car on the farming map or we cant hop on that pool table in the bar in burning Paris, or getting stopped while backing up into a brick wall of buses in Nuked. All of these situations have combined to a factor of real things we cant get around or move that has caused multiple deaths and gang attack by the zeds and it is really a nerve racking ordeal.

Solution: I feel we should have the freedom to make these brick wall items or frozen environments interactive to help us progress further in the near future. To make a fun game more better and to keep us more interested in playing it, we should be able to interact and use the maps as weapons of our choosing against the zeds.

Concept: Simple as to what the solution is we should be able to pick up environmental items and use them to our digression and make small items used as projectile objects, the main items I feel that would be a major important are:
- Vehicles
- Machines in buildings

AND NO I DO NOT MEAN A SIMPLE (ACTIVATE) BUTTON THAT LETS A BOOBY TRAP WORK

if we are trapped by a bus or by a car or next to any real world items we use everyday we should have the fun to use them, I would def not mind turning on a car and running over a few Scrakes or fleshpounds or getting on a bus and having the choice to use it as a battering ram or a camp spot ON THE INSIDE to protect myself. Small things included should be used from cups or tables, etc. these would not only up our survival rate it would ensure that we don't and wont have to worry about something that's not a zed getting in our way from finishing a new round, and would be extremely helpful in last player standing situations or if we don't have anymore ammo left and aren't close to any ammo boxes.

We should have more fun with KF2 if we could utilize the maps and everything in it to our advantages to keep the fun and excitement level to a new place.

I doubt most of it will be possible to implement (especially having a working vehicles)

But what could be made is for the props to have rounded hitboxes.
By that i mean if you back up to a prop, you would continue moving in either direction as you'd be glinding on that hitbox rather than stopping dead.

Props are the largest culprit of player deaths because of how they just dead stop you on the tracks without giving you a movement continuation at half a speed.
Even round props that logically should let you glide them, will stop you dead on the tracks... Which results in death because player didnt notice the prop behind him.

​​​​​

Upvote 0
I'd say that it would be great to have more "traps" on newer maps. It's a bit silly, and might even get old after a while... But that's a way more plausible way to make the maps more "lively" rather than include vehicles...

Speaking of which, it would be neat to have more weather effects and other stuffs, like on Monster_Ball or Black_Forest

Upvote 0