• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can a SL see the roles of his squadmate?

wjssz

Nov 27, 2013
As a SL, I can see who is my squadmate by pressing T, I want to know how to see the roles of them? If there is an existing way to see, then ignore the below pleases.

If my squad has engineer, I will try to move close the door.
If my squad has many assaults, I will try to service a proper position for them.

I think it's meaningful for tactical decision.

Sorry for my bad English.

I would very much like to see this. I find it very frustrating trying to coordinate my squads as TL when I have no idea what they specialize in. The only option I have is join squad/class select menu which kicks me out of my current class (another problem that needs to be fixed).
I feel a bit regret after posted this thread.
In this game, everyone just does his job, then the game is fine. Any disturbance or interference to someone else should be carefully attended to.
If an engineer really needs SL close to the door, he can ask SL via text or voice message directly.

Thanks for you replies.

Upvote 0
Check the squad view in role selection, you can see the people in your squad and their respective roles, and what roles are still available.
On the field, you just have to remember who's playing what by their name, position or equipment (german engineers carry some sort of a backbag, for example).

Going to join squad in role selection kicks you out of your current class and takes far too long to do for on the fly decisions.

Upvote 0
Anyone can by pressing M, then scrolling with mousewheel. The team dots have icons representing classes that are visible when map is zoomed.
But when you're zoomed in you cant move the map around.

^By the way would be nice to move around the map whilst zoomed in.

---
I think this will clutter the screen way too much, on the other hand it would be incredibly helpful to see in how many seconds will your squadmates be able to spawn on you.

Upvote 0