• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I Stopped Playing

tinmann840

Apr 26, 2010
After 1973 hours of Killing Floor I quit playing. Not because I got bored but because now I can only buy class specific weapons. I can't buy weapons outside of my class. As a Zerker I would loadout with a Katana, MK23 and a Crossbow but now I can't do that. As a Sharpie sometimes I would buy a M79 grenade launcher, a scar or buy some pipes but someone thought that was a bad idea. It was bad enough they neutered the M14 way back but now this. Maybe one day it will be fun again but it's not now, at least for me.

Last edited:
i-dont-like-thing-ok.jpg

Thanks for the time you put in, op. I'm at 1943 hours myself. I would play more, but obligations and the like.

Upvote 0
lol I wonder how many hours he played without realizing it was just an organized trader not a restricted one.
After re-reading his post and yours, now I see what he was trying to get at.

OP! YOU CAN STILL BUY WHATEVER STUFF YOU WANT OFF PERK! JUST CLICK THE ICONS IN THE TOP RIGHT! THE ONES IN THE TOP LEFT OF THE TRADER CHANGE WHAT PERK YOUR PLAYING AND THE ONES IN THE RIGHT CHANGE WHAT WEAPONS SHOW! THERE IS STILL HOPE YET!

Upvote 0
Except their values haven't changed since their release. I'm sure it's nothing so well thought out.

Yeah the m32 went from 2,500 (I think?) to 4,000 with the Halloween update a few months ago.
Most things have been the same price for a long time though, so I think you guys are right, he just hasn't figured out the new trader menu yet lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After re-reading his post and yours, now I see what he was trying to get at.

OP! YOU CAN STILL BUY WHATEVER STUFF YOU WANT OFF PERK! JUST CLICK THE ICONS IN THE TOP RIGHT! THE ONES IN THE TOP LEFT OF THE TRADER CHANGE WHAT PERK YOUR PLAYING AND THE ONES IN THE RIGHT CHANGE WHAT WEAPONS SHOW! THERE IS STILL HOPE YET!
About that... Is there any way to get the old trader menu back? I liked it much more, and it feels stupid TWI didn't offer a fallback when they implemented this.

Yeah the m32 went from 2,500 (I think?) to 4,000 with the Halloween update a few months ago.
Most things have been the same price for a long time though, so I think you guys are right, he just hasn't figured out the new trader menu yet lol
An unnecessarily big nerf IMO. In practice it just means you need to hold off playing demo a wave or two longer to save up for M32. No point playing demo without M32, or trying to save money with him.

Upvote 0
An unnecessarily big nerf IMO. In practice it just means you need to hold off playing demo a wave or two longer to save up for M32. No point playing demo without M32, or trying to save money with him.

AA12 costs 1200. Husk gun costs 1200. Why M32 wouldn't? After all, it's a heavy hitter.

Back when it was introduced it costed 750, but since then a financial model in KF changed, it's damage-based now (as opposed to bounty-only in the past), and demo does a lot of damage.

Upvote 0
AA12 costs 1200. Husk gun costs 1200. Why M32 wouldn't? After all, it's a heavy hitter.

Back when it was introduced it costed 750, but since then a financial model in KF changed, it's damage-based now (as opposed to bounty-only in the past), and demo does a lot of damage.
Yup, it sounds logical when you put it that way. But IMO, it's much easier for firebad and support to save up for a weapon than for demo. M79 wastes too much money if used all the time, so you either have to use off-perk weaponry most of the time and be inefficient or just switch to another class. So you effectively just get less playtime with demo.

Plus, it limits the availability of some nice off-perk setups. I don't think there is a need for that, since M32 used to be nicely balanced off-perk. AA12 and husk gun are almost useless off-perk so their unperked prices don't matter much.

E: Hey wait, you get rewarded by damage these days? I've missed that completely... Anyway, I still feel like saving money with demo isn't quite that effective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0