• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

(Yet another) Commando Challenge!

Alright, I have had this idea for a bit, but unfortunately when I went to test it, I timed out and caused a wipe on wave 7...

Okay, the map can be any of your choice. Uber 1337 Pr0z, however, should try Suburbia spawn hold, foundry spawn hold, or the Wyre camp spot to the left (when looking at it straight on) of the above ground complex trader; the one just through the door. If you choose to play on Mountain Pass, or Offices, please camp on the Overlook or the Windows, so that if a Zed hits you, you will fall off and die.

Rules: Each Commando must have a Bullpup, and one offperk weapon. The off perk weapon can be any of your choice, but remember that you can only get ONE, and that each players offperk weapon must come from a different perk. So that means if one of you grab a Mk.23, that's your offperk weapon, and no one else can get a Sharp weapon after that; so choose CAREFULLY!
You can have up to wave 3 trader to get your respective weapons (be a glitching baddie if required), and before the challenge 'begins'.

I think that is everything. GL, HF, and please post back with your results and/or suggestions. :D

Interesting. With an organised team it shouldn't be too hard.

Get a good or two OK commandos and give them M32s. Combined fire should be enough to kill all the FPs, even if one of them can't by himself.

An EBR or two would take care of the scrakes no problem as well. A good trashkiller weapon as well. Take a husk cannon if you really wanna stun them.

The only downside would be that you'd need a good enough/coordinated enough team to prevent anyone dying. If 2 people die on W7, you won't be able to afford to rebuy 2xM32s offperk (assuming reasonable difficulty).

Upvote 0
One Commando goes ZED gun Mk2.0 and/or the other goes standard ZED gun.
Assumed that others should pick different weapons I say; M79, M14/Crossbow, Trenchgun and HSG-1 or Combat Shotgun. Trenchgun and ZED rifles spazzes specimen, M79 blasts a huge chunk from far, HSG-1 or Combat Shotgun pelts from close and M14/Crossbow simply takes care of everything from every range. I never tried a such challenge but I think it's doable on theory.

Just the thing is I only see viable 5 offperk choices, because aiming for a medic rifle is a burden, Berserker weapons are useless because if they ever got close you'll just fall down; Commando goes off from list because you cannot use onperk regarding the rules. In short; if I were to try this challenge I'd tell my team to get both ZED rifles.

M32 is overkill and if M32 carrier cannot control it on a panic situation; wipe is imminent. Using expensive weapons as offperk just calling for a wipe or suicide. Bitter experiences on pubs...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Althamus: As Beefski pointed out, only 1 person would be able to get a M32, as each offperk weapon must be from a different perk.
@Naksiloth: Once again, only one weapon from each perk is allowed, therefore only one person would be able to get one Zed gun. (To be honest I shouldn't let the Zed gun in, as it is a "get out of jail free card" weapon in a way)
@Arblarg: Can't have another Commando weapon, meaning that someone will have to grab a Zerk weapon (or a Zed gun :/).

Upvote 0
CMD-O 1 - Bullpup + M32
CMD-O 2 - Bullpup + FAL/SCAR
CMD-O 3 - Bullpup + Shneidzekk
CMD-O 4 - Bullpup + Musket/M14
CMD-O 5 - Bullpup + ZED 1.0
CMD-O 6 - Bullpup + Dual Flare Revolvers / Husk Launcher

Mite B. Cool

One offperk weapon. Your #2 commando has brought 2 onperk weapons.

If there's gonna be 6 men then there will be an offperk weapon in every other class.

Upvote 0
Ah, my bad then. That makes it a lot more of a challenge, espeiclaly on higher difficulties as I don't think a commando with M32 can finish a fleshpound in 6 nades, meaning he has to use his precious HGs as well, and risk running out. Or rely on combined fire *shudder* to finish them.

Upvote 0