• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Light Mortar Appreciation Society

Man Without Qualities

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
**Light Mortar Appreciation Society**

I'm creating a group dedicated to the proper and tactical use of the light mortar.

It's not a clan - it's for people who have a life and just like to have the bloodier kinds of fun in their off-time.

If you're a clan-member, feel free to join if you'd like to hone your mortar skills and tactics.

I have access to teamspeak.
Everyone who is interested in properly using light mortars and willing to cooperate in an efficient manner is hereby invited.

Rules:

1) obey your squad leader - if he spots a clump of enemies for you with his binocs - try to hit it. If more society members are on on server, try to get the mortar squad leader position.

1.25) Use squad voice chat if you can.

1.5) don't get angry if Americans start shouting profanities over voice-chat

1.75) schedule events days in advance so mortarmen are not taken by surprise and can attend.

2) remember the range table - and how to get around the bug. Rule of thumb is, mortar range setting (what you dial) + 12% of (what you dial) = in game distance. 1.12 * mortar setting ~ in game range.

3) conserve your ammo right before recon - firing at big clumps of enemies is worthwhile and brings glory to the Emperor

4) be mindful of the trees and nearby buildings

5) if the enemy is right around a small cap- let them have it.

6) try to set up mortars so lemmings won't run over you in their mad dash towards death

If you're willing to follow these rules and thereby rain shells of joy on our adversaries..

Here's the group: join it.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LMortarAS

7) I'm going to kick rude people who have no good excuse for their rudeness

8) booze and light mortars don't mix - if you're too drunk to drive, don't play.

Last edited: