• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra Should be Harder!!

RoFanatic

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
I know such topics are nearly beaten to death, this game is just too easy.
Ro2 should be harder, it doesnt require proper skill to hit targets up to 200 meters, after long sprints or when your avatar is completely exhausted . You dont even need to rest your weapon, or to prone. I know the handling in Ro Ost was a "little bit" exaggerated, but it delivered us a better slow paced gameplay and in common firefight felt more real and challenging.
Pls pls in the sake of gameplay, make it harder. I know many would appreciate such a step.
May I post a gameplayvideo.

personally I would reallly like it if the soundmutator would be blended into classic.

Classic is extremely underplayed and a lot of the features of the soundmutator make it more like the original game as well. So at least the classic name will make more sense then as well.

Personally I don't believe a game can be too easy. I think a game being easy to get into etc is a good thing. I think the main issue is more that a lot of times people die its by luck than actual skill.

By requiring more skill to effectively suppress recoil, or actually hit people. And similarly encouraging people a bit to go out and attack the capzones rather than stay back only. You get more dynamic gameplay, and more of a feel that you got killed because a player was better than you rather than a player just happened by luck to look where you were.

Thing is the mechanics themselves should be dirt easy to understand, and not really require much thinking (as in it should still be easy). but it should simply physically be more difficult for the user to hit someone. For the fun of gameplay in an ideal world most of the time you would have seen your killer before you died.

For me this is one of the reasons why I feel that no zoom, regardless of double sided aspect of it being more or less realistic. Simply lead to more fun gameplay. And similarly more recoil (more upward recoil less random sideways recoil) somewhat reduces the engagement ranges, so people get more up close.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
personally I would reallly like it if the soundmutator would be blended into classic.

Classic is extremely underplayed and a lot of the features of the soundmutator make it more like the original game as well. So at least the classic name will make more sense then as well.

I really would say the Mutator make some things much better than they ever was (in RO1 and RO2), because RO1 wasn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good, soon will something happen with this topic, I am almost sure =)

I have been asking almost always with the Zetsumei on steam (it should this tired me :p) I always speak with him that RO2 is a game unbearable, but currently is the FPS less bad compared to others. RO2 has become so easy but so easy, that all my friends who came out of BF4 and COD, get a very fast in bringing Call Of Orchestra 2, different from years ago, that no COD Player or BF player couldn't play RO OST in only "4 days". I have a friend called 4ntrox that before played CS and Medal Of Honor and the 1 year ago he started to play RO2, he always throws in TWB severs, and never saw him with less than 58 Kills/60, this game turned completely a total Rush, a runs runs throws throws, THE RO OST I played until 8 hours Followed, I came home from Army, connecting my PC and starts to play was my only game installed, today if I can play 1H of RO2 is very. I hope that in a near future RO might return to their roots and drop the style COD Style.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good, soon will something happen with this topic, I am almost sure =)

I have been asking almost always with the Zetsumei on steam (it should this tired me :p) I always speak with him that RO2 is a game unbearable, but currently is the FPS less bad compared to others. RO2 has become so easy but so easy, that all my friends who came out of BF4 and COD, get a very fast in bringing Call Of Orchestra 2, different from years ago, that no COD Player or BF player couldn't play RO OST in only "4 days". I have a friend called 4ntrox that before played CS and Medal Of Honor and the 1 year ago he started to play RO2, he always throws in TWB severs, and never saw him with less than 58 Kills/60, this game turned completely a total Rush, a runs runs throws throws, THE RO OST I played until 8 hours Followed, I came home from Army, connecting my PC and starts to play was my only game installed, today if I can play 1H of RO2 is very. I hope that in a near future RO might return to their roots and drop the style COD Style.

So True. In common i have no problem with zoom, but the biggest gamebraker is the weaponhandling in overall. You dont need skills, its just too easy. I like to test the realism mutator in workshop, but i would try it out with humans. This game would be so much better, challenging and really fun. Right now i cant play more then a few rounds. But i bet we wont be heard, majority of the Red Orchestra 2 playerbase dont even frequent the forums.
Ro2 could be so much better with a few changes. Pls Tripwire we need a Realism Overhaul.
- No perks or advantages for higher ranked players (a good player can handle his weapon in every situation)
- More recoil for Semiauto rifles and smgs
- More recoil for the Mkb in fullauto modus
- More sway for every weapon after long sprints, more recoil when you dont rest your weapon or when your avatar stands
- More recoil for Bolt action rifles
I like Ro2 and some aspects of the game, but it doesnt feel like the Roca mod or Ro ost, its more a mix between Red Orchestra, Battlefield and Call of Duty.
I could write so much more, but this horse is beaten to death, and sadly we wont be heard or recognized.
Ps i have also played Darkest Hour again, and some elements felt so much better.
I dont play other games, i hate the new Battlefield Series and i hate the whole Cod Franchise.
Ro2 should be unique like Roca Or Rost (and Mods) not trying to appeal any kind of gamers.
Peace and out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got a lot of fun out of Realism during beta and for a long while after release, but I agree, eventually it got too easy (especially when you get to be a Hero.) So I set out to make a Better Realism mod. This is now combined in the Overhaul Mutator, and I hope you folks can enjoy it because I doubt Tripwire wants to change their game too much more ;)

Upvote 0
The sound and gun mutators (to me at least) are what this game should have been from the start, immersive and downright frightening at times. I feel like I'm in an actual war when I load them up, even if I'm playing against bots. As soon as they both get whitelisted, I will only play on servers that have them.

What he said. :)

The game as it is now is too easy, part of it is the mechanics, part of it is the maps. This mutator, especially with zoom off will go a long way in making it harder and scarier.

Like any game, everyone learns how to play the maps after awhile, finds the secret favorite spots, knows where the spawns and caps are, etc. They become routine because they are linear and small, they are easy to learn. We all know how to win or lose on ALL the official maps, it's only a matter of execution

The things that make a game great for me are uncertainty and a fear of death. The main thing I love about ARMA is that with the enormous maps and long engagement ranges, the enemy can be anywhere in a 360 degree battle field. You don't know where they start from and unless they are idiots, they are hard to see. You constantly have to have your head on a swivel and try to out think them. I vividly remember my first few days playing, spending much of my time crawling around terrified trying to find cover as rounds snapped by and kicked up dirt all around me from unseen assailants. Because of the long ranges, it's harder to hit targets, you send lots of rounds downrange with far less kills than a CQB shooter like RO2. Respawning is a pain, so you try to stay alive, you retreat a lot. It's far more effective to stay alive and still in the fight, than end up dead Ramboing.

With the advent of more vehicles, I think we'll see larger maps, with mutators like this, we'll see more fierce firefights. There's potential for battles that are more ARMA and RL like. Bigger battlefields, more fluid, changing objectives and tactics. I'd love to see random spawns and random objectives, more like S&D to break up the routine.

I'm getting excited. :)

Upvote 0
so just someone make a mod with the basics of ro1 /movement/stamina/aiming/ect ect and tuck on the added function of ro2 like mantling ect and lets play that...

This sounds great, we should call it Classic so people will make the connection that it is RO2 with RO1-like gameplay. I'm sure that if a mode like this were made it would be extremely popular... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This sounds great, we should call it Classic so people will make the connection that it is RO2 with RO1-like gameplay. I'm sure that if a mode like this were made it would be extremely popular... :rolleyes:

You are mistaken..the newly added sway is overdone and the ridicilous weapon miss alingment in Windows in the latest classic patch are far from how it was in ro1....its even worse...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0