• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF The ball Character: can you make it come back?

Martinssj4

Nov 19, 2013
I see this character locked in my profile of killing floor and i liked. can you make it back for another week? its really great.

i know that character requires the ball game and i got. but i dont have the kf when this event appears.

bring it back please!

or if not... put some offer to buy it!

Last edited:
I see this character locked in my profile of killing floor and i liked. can you make it back for another week? its really great.

i know that character requires the ball game and i got. but i dont have the kf when this event appears.

bring it back please!

You were Late to the Party. But good news: You WILL get Harchier.

There was a deal for Harchier (A "new" one, not the Original that Moxie and the others made a group about.) and The Ball stating if you buy or already own the Ball during Yesterday, You would get Harchier when he comes back for a 2nd run of KF later next month.

Upvote 0

bring it back please!

Everyone say it with me. You know the words......

Upvote 0
Everyone say it with me. You know the words......
Guile screams no - YouTube

can you make it back for another week?

when this event appears.

bring it back please!

put some offer to buy it!

There are so many things wrong with this.

Not sure why people are so butt hurt about him, you can always just edit the upl files or even make him a customcharacter. Also if he becomes available, he will lose all his uniqueness, and the best unique characters are those of Red Orchestra series since very few users play them.
(Im always Ricky Vegas :3)

Upvote 0
You were Late to the Party. But good news: You WILL get Harchier.

There was a deal for Harchier (A "new" one, not the Original that Moxie and the others made a group about.) and The Ball stating if you buy or already own the Ball during Yesterday, You would get Harchier when he comes back for a 2nd run of KF later next month.

You trollin' Raccoon. Because I saw those threads regarding Harchier and boy was it hostile.

EDIT: Nvm I found the store page, its all good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hooray... there goes the scarcity and recognition of a very rare skin. Where have I seen this before?

ReconArmor.png

RIP Recon

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I personally find it still a little bit of a wrong move no matter how much I wish I could have him. They kept their promise so I can say TWI did make a good call on it and they definitely listen to their customers. It's kind of a win win situation but no one can complain at TWI for not listening or doing anything about stuff cause this is 100% proof they do :p

Good job TWI. When is it released? I haven't seen it or I didn't read the announcement properly. Couldn't fin d him first of all. Any pictures?

Upvote 0
Hooray... there goes the scarcity and recognition of a very rare skin. Where have I seen this before?

[rconz]

RIP Recon
PFFFFFFFFF
Not using a modded xbox to break free of bungies stupid restrictions.

Not using a modded xbox to break free of M$'s stupid restrictions...

Not modding KF to break free of TWI's stupid restrictions.

Exclusivity only breeds stupid fawning over things. This can be seen in TF2 with people stopping to stare at hats for being unusual. Exclusivity should not come from special models, but from a persons character and play style. Only people who have nothing else worthy of setting them apart from the rest care about exclusive models / keeping things exclusive. I bet you buy consoles for the exclusives too and petition to keep games exclusive.

Upvote 0
PFFFFFFFFF
Not using a modded xbox to break free of bungies stupid restrictions.

Not using a modded xbox to break free of M$'s stupid restrictions...

Not modding KF to break free of TWI's stupid restrictions.

So not modding to break restrictions is a bad thing?

Exclusivity only breeds stupid fawning over things. This can be seen in TF2 with people stopping to stare at hats for being unusual.

I strongly agree, but thats TF2 (where everything can be bought for and traded via scampost.tf/scampack.tf).

Exclusivity should not come from special models, but from a persons character and play style. Only people who have nothing else worthy of setting them apart from the rest care about exclusive models / keeping things exclusive.

I agree to a certain extent... because having a special skin usually has a special meaning going for it. It's the same situation as collectors having tons and tons of both identical and very abstract objects, as each object has something that makes it different from the other therefore giving it uniqueness.

Let me explain the whole Recon armor story:

When Halo 3 was released in 2007, players were amazed at it's new feature which allowed you to customize your own armor to your own preference. Locked armors could only be unlocked via achievement (such as splattering someone in a Mongoose in a free for all match.

Everything went well until Bungie had their own unique armor that only they could wear - Recon. It was possible to earn Recon, but it was very difficult to do so. Some of the things in the checklist were this: you had to either beat a team of Bungie employees in a 4v4 match (which bumping into them was like a 1 in a million chance) or have a File Share file get popular enough to reach Bungie Favorites.

A few years pass and Halo 3: ODST is released, with the Halo: Reach beta coming underway. Bungie makes it "easier" to get Recon by releasing the 7 Vidmaster achievements, some which were simple (as long as you owned some DLC :p) and some that were insane [one of which was beating the last mission in Halo 3 on Legendary with a 4 player coop with the Iron skull (whenever a player dies, everyone reverts to the last checkpoint) followed by having everyone finish the level in a Ghost)]. The achievements also spanned out to Halo: ODST a bit, so you had to own both games to earn this armor.

So more and more players did get Recon, but usually those players were very skilled in Halo 3 multiplayer... until 343 Industries came into the party. After Bungie was done with the whole Halo series, they handed all the Halo stuffs to 343, who then had their own cards to play. They gave Recon away to EVERYONE, killing the infamous reputation of the armor.

I bet you buy consoles for the exclusives too and petition to keep games exclusive.

No and No.
No, in the fact that I buy preordered games (not consoles) for exclusives because I appreciate them as being rare.
No, I don't petition games, just skins.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So not modding to break restrictions is a bad thing?
Yes. Any game that has no mod support is bound to die out much quicker than a game that does.

I strongly agree, but thats TF2 (where everything can be bought for and traded via scampost.tf/scampack.tf).
Its still within the concept of exclusivity. Muh hats, muh speshul fx, muh harchier.

Let me explain the whole Recon armor story:
-WORDSWORDSWORDS-
As a person who had recon before that happened, I couldn't care less. I was already gone from XBL and the Halo series before bungie up and left and sold out to 343i. Halo 3 was the last good halo game (in the context of 'good' in reference to halo). Matchmade / custom games would come to a complete stop any time I used the armor. I stopped using it because of it. 343i messed up a lot more things than just a bad looking armor permutation. On top of that, the devs still had something that was impossible for non modders to get. Dev exclusivity is even worse imo. Its bad enough that when a dev joins your game or a gm shows up in world that people crowd like its a freak show.

No and No.
No, in the fact that I buy preordered games (not consoles) for exclusives because I appreciate them as being rare.
No, I don't petition games, just skins.
Well, this last part wasn't exactly aimed at you (I guess I kind of worded that whole post to seem like it was in direct response to your post). But even still, exclusives as the only reason to own machines are bad. I have no problem with games being multi-plat, so long as they're fit to work properly for each machine. (basically, no game made on wii first then scaled up from xbone->psquad->pc). Since the x86 architecture is used in both psquad and xbone, theres honestly no more reason for exclusives anymore. The changes between platform are so minimal.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Upvote 0