• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commando and M14

The M4 203 is also a Demo weapon, it can't be put into semi auto mode like the M4, and has a lower ammo pool, and is largely considered useless for the demo class, and a commando can't make use of it for on perk bonuses. It's an interesting question indeed, though I feel that the M14 with it's 8 block weight and low ammo pool (almost half what an AK can carry) wouldn't be too useful for commando since you won't get the 2.25x headshot multiplier.

Upvote 0
Uh... I can't see why not.

Reload time is already reduced, 40% recoil reduction wouldn't be that much OP, it's less than for lvl2 SS. But 50% damage increase should only apply to headshots, we don't want another invasion of spamshooters, killing every trash mob with two body shots, do we?

Upvote 0
Ive always wondered why there are no cross perk weapons.
The Trenchgun already kind of is, since it gets all of support's shotgun bonuses.

It's an interesting question indeed, though I feel that the M14 with it's 8 block weight and low ammo pool (almost half what an AK can carry) wouldn't be too useful for commando since you won't get the 2.25x headshot multiplier.
I thought the HS multiplier on the M14 was universal, same with the LAR. Is it specific to sharp?
Even without the high HS multiplier, 120 damage per shot at level 6 combined with relatively low recoil could really put dents in some things and give commando a little more stopping power.

Upvote 0
I thought the HS multiplier on the M14 was universal, same with the LAR. Is it specific to sharp?
Even without the high HS multiplier, 120 damage per shot at level 6 combined with relatively low recoil could really put dents in some things and give commando a little more stopping power.

Um, each gun has a HS multiplier, Xbow is 4x, shotguns are 1.65x, pistols are 1.1x etc etc

In addition, sharpshooters get I think 2.4x HS modifier with SS guns, and 1.5x modifier with other guns.

Therefore, a commando using a crossbow will get 4x HS modifier. A sharp will get like 10x.

[numbers a bit patchy as I cbb today].

Upvote 0
Yeah it is a DMR, it is just technically a Battle Rifle.
I think lots of Battle Rifles are used as DMRs. There's a grey area between technical specs and application; i.e some newer LMGs are really Assault Rifles designated for support fire.
So that's why I don't really have any problem with the M14 and the SS and what not.

Ooh it occurs to me that the M7A3 is a Battle Rifle, I wouldn't mind that getting 'mmando bonuses; of course the cost makes it a ridiculous investment for a commando. . .although it does do more damage than any of his guns.
I say they add a M7A3 (or RFB, whatevs) to commando :O

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why not make the rifles dual-perk ala the M4/M203? Just give different attachments depending on the perk that's using it, such as a scope for Sharpie/Commando.

Of course I don't know much about actual guns so I wouldn't know if that's possible in real life, but if a gun that shoots toxic bloat acid is possible in the game I would think a scope that works on a certain gun is just as possible.

Really, there are a lot of great opportunities for multi-perk weapons in KF2, if they aren't likely in the current Killing Floor. They'd have to be paid a lot more attention to though to make sure they are balanced both when compared to other weapons and the perk variants of that weapon itself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Of course I don't know much about actual guns so I wouldn't know if that's possible in real life, but if a gun that shoots toxic bloat acid is possible in the game I would think a scope that works on a certain gun is just as possible.
Well I imagine that would just be a matter of the trader acknowledging what perk you have and giving you the scope if you were SS.
Although some things come to mind; what if it were dropped by a SS? Would it keep it's scope? Or would there just be two different items in the shop?
Of course my view on the M4203 and the demolitionist as a whole is rather unconventional relative to others' opinions.

Upvote 0
Well I imagine that would just be a matter of the trader acknowledging what perk you have and giving you the scope if you were SS.
Although some things come to mind; what if it were dropped by a SS? Would it keep it's scope? Or would there just be two different items in the shop?
Of course my view on the M4203 and the demolitionist as a whole is rather unconventional relative to others' opinions.

I'd assume that it'd be one item in the menu UI, and the insignia is perhaps a special colour (Purple, Green, something that sticks out) while being the current perk you are if you're the perk for that weapon, and otherwise it's light grey when you're on a perk it doesn't correspond and following that the display would be the type of the weapon/attachment the current selected perk corresponds to (though I wouldn't object to, say, a menu popping up when the weapon is clicked on once that lets you pick the attachment, with corresponding perk symbol, though that sounds more like KF2 features to me)

Upvote 0
I'd assume that it'd be one item in the menu UI, and the insignia is perhaps a special colour (Purple, Green, something that sticks out) while being the current perk you are if you're the perk for that weapon, and otherwise it's light grey when you're on a perk it doesn't correspond and following that the display would be the type of the weapon/attachment the current selected perk corresponds to (though I wouldn't object to, say, a menu popping up when the weapon is clicked on once that lets you pick the attachment, with corresponding perk symbol, though that sounds more like KF2 features to me)
And something like that does sound neat, but what would happen if you dropped it? Could SS get their commandobros scoped M14s?

Upvote 0
And something like that does sound neat, but what would happen if you dropped it? Could SS get their commandobros scoped M14s?

I'd assume that depending on what route was taken, either it would work like normal and the Commandbro would get the Demolition M4 with Grenade launcher (if the person who dropped it bought the M4 w/ Grenade Launcher), or the weapon would convert to the perk-specialized attachment when picked up (so he'd get the scoped M4 even if a Demolitions dropped their GL M4).

Upvote 0