• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server basic edit mode for map cycles

Cat_in_da_Hat

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2006
I am keen to add some additional text next to map names that get displayed in the map vote screen.

Mainly to identify those that will require a download and also the ones that are entries in the latest custom map comp.

To do this I selected the basic edit mode and add some additional text.

Now I thought this would just change the label on the menu which is what I hoped would happen.

However it seems to have created a very strange bug that i have not seen before.

The bug will see the map clock stop and everything freeze. No crash however. It will just stop the clock and everything else.

I can only attribute the bug to my server actions in changing the map names but that move seemed so innocuous and unrelated so I thought I would put it here for discussion.

Maybe we need a mutator that can add text next to a map name. Still keen on that map repeat limit mutator solution. Yeah I am the squeaky wheel with that one.

Not sure if this will work, but can you not add text to the Friendly setting in the ini file belonging to that specific map?
Something like:
Code:
[MyMap ROUIDataProvider_WorldInfo]
MapName=MyMap
Friendly=MyMap (needs download)
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_Gumrack>
Description=
That will of course only work if the map voting list replicates those friendly map names to the clients. Not sure if that's the case though.

Upvote 0