• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Make a DayZ mod for KF

The engine won't take it. The zombies should be like 1000 and nonstop respawning which will make hell lot of textures and stuff ... and the map have to be 10 times Farm :eek:

For check put the mutator that leaves the bodies and see how long will you take it. I am with Intel core i7 - 4700, 16gb ram and 2x Nvidia GT750M and I can play untill wave 3 or 4 and the fps drops to like 2 or 3 per minute :)

Upvote 0
Make free world.
Make Day and Night.
Make Bases and New Weapons and Weapon accessories.
And make your own ideas!! :)
But make the system requirements same as like Killing Floor!:)

so we take a mod and mod a mod into it?

that aside, unreal 2 wasn't known for it's sprawling landscapes. we'd have more luck modding killing floor into day z, but the regular dayZ players wouldn't know what to do if zombies could actually outrun and eat them...why ruin their deathmatch with anti-camp-tech game?

Upvote 0
Well, if this means lots of realistic weapons and big maps with vehicles to use against ZEDs, then i am in.

Or... You could go play DayZ. I wish people would stop trying to turn KF into something it is not.
And if playing with Zeds is that important, make a client side mod to make the Zombies look like Zeds.

Upvote 0
When I think about it I actually dig the idea.

imagine:

a huge map where the players have to use vehicles to get from their camping spot to the city.

During "trader time" which will be with different lenght every time in the city random loot drops will appear (ammo and weapons) but you have to look for it inside the buildings.

when trader time is over the loot dissapears and the players have to get out of the city because the zombies spawn areas are there and it spawns more than 1000 zeds of all kinds at once.

the cars will have limited "fuel" that the players must get from the few left gas stations on the map.

the zombies will have limited life and will respawn every time a zombie is killed. So that it will be an endless zombie wave during the "night" and no zombies or like a few zombis during the day when the team must go to the city, get ammo and weapons and fuel the car.

pretty neat I think ... :IS2:

The suspence will be that every time the trader time will be different and you will have to think of a way to survive the night.

Upvote 0
It could just be me, but I can't think of any games off the top of my head that could spawn 1000 enemies at once (and be able to handle it), be able to process all their movements at once, and be capable of running on a low end computer (or any, really). I doubt the already heavily modified KF engine could handle that.

Which brings me to another point:
But make the system requirements same as like Killing Floor
Really? I... I... I give up.

Upvote 0
Wait.
I do not think that the game can handle a scale that big.
1000 Enemies? Nope.
Serious Sam games can spawn lots of enemies and there was that "Starship Troopes" game that was released in 2005, that could spawn about 300 at the same time, but i have not seen anything like 1000 enemies in an FPS.
Hitman: Blood Money can spawn crowds of people, but these are just NPCs who just walk around or pre-arranged paths.
So we better leave this 1000 enemies thing and make it to spawn more ZEDs in total that at the same time. FakedPlayers Mutator can Spawn 999 ZEDS.

What i think about is KFO Maps, of reasonable size. Outdoors map can be bigger, imagine Farm and MountainPass for example.
These maps will have vehicles, not military, but modified civilian vehicles with improvised armour that will get damaged, and players will have to complete objectives, or they can play a normal KF game. Military vehicles can be added as part of objectives. Find fuel, get to the survivors, get them to safety. Something like that.
ZEDs will come in greater numbers. Double or triple the amount for each player.

This may also be the basis for a new Engineer class as well as LMG additions.

Obviously this is not an essential suggestion, but i would not mind a couple of such maps, or even more.

An "Arena" type mode for PvP wouldn't be essential, but many people would like it.

As long as the core game remains the same, i do not mind.

Upvote 0
Yesterday, I spawned about 600 monsters at once using the sandbox. Average fps was ~2, even without having seen one of them.
But I know that 100 can be done without major lags, even with all in sight on a good computer. From then on you notice lags when all of them are in sight.
That means you can have maybe 200 monsters at once on a larger map, but you have to ensure that they won't appear/gather all on one spot. This is still ways too few for a real DayZ feeling.
Furthermore, you can't setup AI navigation for that large-scaled maps the normal way.

Upvote 0