• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call

**** FIXED, thanks to Gregs2k2 in this thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34076 ****
Fix: Using a manual install of MSVCP71.DLL to both the System directory of Killing Floor and System32 Directories, overwritting with the link that Gregs provides.

I used the automated fix tool he linked to before and it did not work, but the manual install did. Hope this helps anyone with similar issues.

Cheers!

**** Multiple threads on this, no answers or fixes ****

I was interested in the summer event and fired up Killing Floor, unfortunately it won't load past the windowed splashscreen.

I get the message:

Runtime Error:

Program: <path to my install of killing floor>

R6025
- Pure Virtual Function Call

I've looked through google and the tripwire forums and tried everything everyone recommended:

1) Uninstall and reinstall (multiple times and regions)
2) Have steam verify the install
3) Modification and even deleting the .ini file
4) Updating graphics drivers
5) Complete wipe of the Killing Floor directory and reinstall
6) Uninstalled and reinstalled and repaired MSVC Redistributables
7) Registry clean
8) Bunch of others I can't even think of atm.

Anybody have any tips, tricks, or ideas on this one? I love me some Killing Foor and am very sad I cannot play it.

Last edited:
Tripwire, are you guys there and just slammed? I don't mind waiting while you look into it--just be nice to know that you guys are aware of the issue.

I support you guys and find Killing Floor to be one of my favorite games that I constantly go back to--have *all* the DLC, and just want to play.

Thanks for any help.

PS: If I should post somewhere else for official support, other than your official support forum section, just let me know. I'm happy to fill out problem tickets, etc.

Upvote 0