• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Nade Stacking on Firebug

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
This may be a completely noob question but in all my experiences I have not stumbled upon any definitive results so I'm just going to put it out there and see what feedback arises.

Is there any benefit at all to stacking nades as firebug? I'm never sure if the result is any different when I throw 2 compared to if I threw just 1 in a panic. So is it just a waste throwing multiple at any given time?

I would assume the code behind it would be similar to that of the frag grenade so my assumption is it's always going to be best to throw more than 1 in the event you're in a bad situation but I never see anything in the game to confirm this theory...

So yes, it could be benificial to stack them for extra damage if needed.

Edit:
Way to post as I'm posting :p

Lol, sorry bout that :~P

And yes, good to know what damage is actually being output when I throw more than 1 - for a while I was convinced the same damage was being done regardless how many I threw lol.

Although at the rate of 80 damage per nade it may be best to conserve and only utilize one at a time and just reap the rewards of the charred/slowed zeds coming at you.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
80 fire damage is almost negligible.

You would need to stack 2 to instantly kill crawlers, 3 for stalkers and clots and 10 (!) to actually kill a gorefast outright :D Medic grenades' damage stack beautifully, though.

This topic just got more depressing lol; when you put it that way it makes firenades almost sound like they need a buff.

Just kidding... or am i? :~p

Upvote 0
This topic just got more depressing lol; when you put it that way it makes firenades almost sound like they need a buff.

Just kidding... or am i? :~p

The instant damage is tiny. The DoT damage zeds take is comparably huge.

If you can drop a nade on a zed and then let it burn out for the full 10(?) seconds, then it'll do far, far more damage.

A L6 FB direct hitting with a flame nade and letting it deal the full DoT will hit for a total of about 2400 damage. Plenty enough to kill a HoE 6man bloat.

Upvote 0