• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Custom map on ranked server

Sullumvoe

Apr 3, 2013
Greetings,

I will admit it, I am a bit of a newb to the RS/HOS modding scene. I have successfully created a training map for the realism unit I belong to using the SDK kit. I loaded it on my local server and everything works, spawning, roles, all the worldinfo stuff is as it should be.

The unit has a managed server that we have appear on the ranked server listing - (we gave up on the unmanaged).

My question is, can we just load up our training map that is build from scratch and have it listed on the ranked server, or will our server switch to unranked when it loads up the training map?

I cannot seem to get clarity on how exactly custom maps work in RS. Will they load on our ranked server, as the server will load the map but will not let our members spawn on the map?? Thanks for the time.

Oddly enough if you do not label your maps with a RSTE- map name, and instead use just TE-map name, the server will load up HOS animations in stead of the RS. (just a small pointer for those who run up against that brick wall).

Pt