• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Smoke nade does not emit smoke

Kowalczyk

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 9, 2011
I have noticed this a couple of times now, and perhaps it's happened more often too, but things happened too fast in the game for me to really notice. I am going to put this here now because I think this is a bug.

The problem is, that sometimes when I am Squad Leader (I have tended to be on Axis recently a lot) and I throw a smoke nade, nothing seems to come out of it.

I wondered if this was lag, but it doesnt seem to be, because I end up not having a smoke nade to re-throw in my inventory, and I do see it whizz off as I throw it, and also lag would affect the game for a few seconds tops, and be noticeable.

A smoke cloud takes about 3-4 seconds to build up and stays there for a good 40 seconds, but in the cases I am talking about, I throw the nade, wait for the build up and ... nothing...

I havent managed to go and search for the empty nade on the ground after throwing, because this usually happens under dangerous conditions so I would die if I went looking, but I will try to look for it when it happens again.

Anybody else have this happen to them?