• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We Want Betio

Is there a petition that we can sign to get this map back? Please link it if so. If not, would someone be so kind as to start one so that we can get the full advertised product(not saying they blatantly ripped us off,though)?
LOL! you had the chance to make a poll on this thread. too late now. if you had, i'd add one vote for it. then again, you already know from the news and announcements, that we are going to get it back when it's ready.

Upvote 0
Is there a petition that we can sign to get this map back? Please link it if so. If not, would someone be so kind as to start one so that we can get the full advertised product(not saying they blatantly ripped us off,though)?

How was it advertised the map would be included at a launch? How is it they 'ripped us off'

All games have things changed in them, I believe it was put on hold to concentrate on getting the game out. Just be patient and see what happens.

Upvote 0
How was it advertised the map would be included at a launch? How is it they 'ripped us off'

All games have things changed in them, I believe it was put on hold to concentrate on getting the game out. Just be patient and see what happens.

I said they DIDN'T rip us off.
But I have not heard the news about them releasing it later on. Could someone give me a link?
And I honestly was not thinking about putting a poll in this thread because I forgot you could do that. I was thinking of that petition website I have never used before.

Upvote 0
A petition will not get this map released.

Several maps that were/are in production for Rising Storm did not get released with the launch of the game for various reasons. Betio was one of them. Some of those maps will probably be released in the future, others may be cut forever.
please say Betio's not one that ends up on the cutting room floor. it was far too good for that.

Upvote 0
A petition will not get this map released.

Several maps that were/are in production for Rising Storm did not get released with the launch of the game for various reasons. Betio was one of them. Some of those maps will probably be released in the future, others may be cut forever.
What are the reassons for cutting out the maps? If it's due to spawn bunkers I'm sure people would rather play without them in order to actually play. Also is de_dust one of the maps?

Upvote 0
What are the reassons for cutting out the maps? If it's due to spawn bunkers I'm sure people would rather play without them in order to actually play. Also is de_dust one of the maps?
if it were as simple as spawn bunkers, i'm sure they would have just removed them. spawn bunkers not being enough to balance it to give the Japanese a chance, would probably be closer to the truth.

what is de_dust?

Upvote 0
Devils advocate:

Much of the people here complain of small maps no long range firefights, and scream at TWI for not making more open ended maps

Betio is a small (very small) map without much flanking opportunity or any sort of engagement thats not just a nearly point blank range brawl.

Result? Another bout of outrage on the forums

No idea about the other maps though, is there even an official list of the maps that were developed (however far they got with it) for RS?

Upvote 0
Devils advocate:

Much of the people here complain of small maps no long range firefights, and scream at TWI for not making more open ended maps

Betio is a small (very small) map without much flanking opportunity or any sort of engagement thats not just a nearly point blank range brawl.

Result? Another bout of outrage on the forums

No idea about the other maps though, is there even an official list of the maps that were developed (however far they got with it) for RS?

I think people just want new maps more than anything :p
Yeah I'm quite sure people would understand the circumstance for those maps. Yes longer and bigger maps with hills I'd prefer but nothing like a good intense small map either.

Upvote 0