• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Booby Trap Gap.

1conu59

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Lille
gfa.xooit.fr
Hi,

Today I was playing on RS and I was a bit angry about booby trap... :p

I'm not questioning the existence of the booby trap on the game, I find the system really interesting and very fun but to my mind there is major problem which need to be fixed !

It simple :Japanese don't blow up on booby trap !

And that's a true problem, (why ?)

Because when you try to take a bunker, you kill three enemy at the exact position of a booby trap, it's logical to think that there are no booby trap under 3 japonese's pair of feet. So you walk at the exact area where japonese were and you blow up... :IS2::IS2::IS2:

But its normal because japanese have super power on their feets which cannot engage booby trap ! :D
But honnestly regarding the high realistic experience of Ro2 I find this totaly unlogical.

It's exactly the same for the flamethrower, it's an high powerful weapon but use it not carefuly and this weapon could kill more of your guys than your enemy and that's Ro2 !

So I found, I think, a better way to implemented Booby trap in this game.

First : Make the booby trap mortal for japonese.

Secondly : Add to server an option to show in the HUD the booby trap position. Because I realised that on public server with 64 players which are playing at the same time it's hard to share booby trap position on tchat, but at the same time there is a high interest to be able to disable the showing system, like in official matches in the ladder for example. Team have to constantly know where the trap is !

Hope you will share my opinion on that, I don't like poll, so dont hesitate to support by a post, thank you and see you on the battle field ! ;)

EDIT IMAGE SIMULATION :

tg6g.jpg

rrzz.jpg

n0hu.jpg

Last edited:
This exactly why I suggested to add an indicator in the HUD system for japanese. Lot of game did that.

That still wont help.

If you warn people and a giant 'Artillery Incoming' goes across the screen, people still run into it and get the commander kicked.

Markers for traps are would be helpful a lot.

Making them mortal and kill Japanese troops would be hell, enough players don't use them as it is sadly.

Chris

Upvote 0
That still wont help.

If you warn people and a giant 'Artillery Incoming' goes across the screen, people still run into it and get the commander kicked.

Markers for traps are would be helpful a lot.

Making them mortal and kill Japanese troops would be hell, enough players don't use them as it is sadly.

Chris

Not agree,

I think you dont realy realize what it may looks like.

I will post a simulation on the first post soon ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As said a HUD element would be helpful to no means.

Making the booby traps affect fellow axis players would be a terrible idea. As said in previous post using Arty as an example. Players will not pay attention to it at all.

All it will do if that is enabled stop people placing them and at the current moment not many do that anyway, continuously have to remind players to place them.

Upvote 0
As said a HUD element would be helpful to no means.

Making the booby traps affect fellow axis players would be a terrible idea. As said in previous post using Arty as an example. Players will not pay attention to it at all.

All it will do if that is enabled stop people placing them and at the current moment not many do that anyway, continuously have to remind players to place them.

Artillery is effective to kill enemy and team mate so I don't know what you mean it's exactlty the same thing.

Carist said:
Very bad idea.

Thanks for your argument...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Artillery is effective to kill enemy and team mate so I don't know what you mean it's exactlty the same thing.

Lets say a Commander orders arty behind a objective or on one if defending, Tells people not to run into it/ get away from it and gives a order.

Those people ignore that, then they get blown to bits by the arty and start going on at the commander.

If booby traps could kill friendly troops to you, you warn them or a icon warns them, they ignore it, they get blown up and you get kicked if never get forgiven or if it is a large group of friendlies.

For me on Iwo, i place traps on the blown up bunker to the far left of B cap, some friendlies decide it is a good idea to go in front of it, they set off my traps so i get the team kills and team is down X amount of people, then the Americans have a clear path into the objective, same could be said for D & E on Iwo as well.

Upvote 0
Lets say a Commander orders arty behind a objective or on one if defending, Tells people not to run into it/ get away from it and gives a order.

Those people ignore that, then they get blown to bits by the arty and start going on at the commander.

If booby traps could kill friendly troops to you, you warn them or a icon warns them, they ignore it, they get blown up and you get kicked if never get forgiven or if it is a large group of friendlies.

For me on Iwo, i place traps on the blown up bunker to the far left of B cap, some friendlies decide it is a good idea to go in front of it, they set off my traps so i get the team kills and team is down X amount of people, then the Americans have a clear path into the objective, same could be said for D & E on Iwo as well.

Ok I know what you mean, but i'm still sure that with and clear HUD indication a normal guy will be able to see bobby trap.

Maybe an other idea would be to make the nade explode when a japanese pass through but not kill the japanese but just suppress him ?

Upvote 0
This would be good if - MORE THAN ~10% OF PLAYERS ACTUALLY FORGAVE TKs. Seriously though, I refuse to believe that such a large portion of the players don't know about the forgive system in place at this point in the game's life.

I don't know man. Considering how many people absolutely refuse to check their keybinds before jumping on a server and spamming "HOW DO YOU CROUCH?!?!lol!!!"

Upvote 0
Fully supported. People don't use boobytraps as much right now because most don't even realise that you can. Give it a month or two and they will be everywhere. It is already annoying as hell to play american on saipan. Making it possible for a teammate to blow up on one would make people more cautious about placing them, and their positions would be easier to guess by the allies.

Upvote 0
Having plenty of icons on booby traps or even the nades outlines colored will be an immersion killer for me and for sure will not even touch anymore the Japan side, one thing that annoys me is all the crap we already have displaying on screen to the point that i don't even play anymore with HUD on, having a bunch of new icons spread on screen representing booby traps is something i am against, reminds me bf3 mines icons, same thing in fact, one will be ok, plenty nades planted will be a pain in the *** even is they appear just when you are close to them with a dynamic size change like the names of mates displaying only under certain distance limit.

Plus what came to my mind immediately is how to exploit this, it will make it easy for the Japanese marksman or rifleman to just shoot them from far to get easy kills on US soldiers passing close to them without triggering them as you just have to aim for the icon location, really it's not something i want to see in game, even can be used in CQ situations if the icon displays only at close distance, as shooting one booby trap will always be more easy and efficient than one bullet to nmes if you see or hear them coming, i can easily see how this can be abused quickly in maps like saipan for example, i have already enough or spam mortars inside tiny closed areas to see something like nades icons spam shooting to become true in game and ruin it even more.

Not even speaking of people planting nades in non appropriate locations, preventing you from moving quickly without having to shoot them to pass in a tight spot or stay stuck because shooting them will hit other people at proximity or even stupid people planting nades in some "strategic locations" like in front of a bunker entry while there is still some people inside, no way to get out of the bunker, shoot the nade and get damages to all people inside the bunker or run into it and die, works also if nobody in the bunker, then you need to blow up the nade to use the bunker again if you want to ...

Sorry but for me it is no, also spawns, how many chances to spawn on a SL directly on a mine :D ?

Too many things can be used and abused using this system imo ;)

( Might be a good idea only and i say only for Russians SL's, they should be able to plant nades like this so Russians soldiers can't leave the front or retreat without dying or having good chances of while trying to neutralize the booby traps :eek: )

Upvote 0