• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stop calling Marines 'soldiers', its an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBDUKBobsen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2013
Why, in the name of all that's holy do you spend big bucks for realistic voice overs only to fall flat on your *** with stupid mistakes?

These battles are in the pacific war with MARINES, not Army troops. No MARINE NCO would ever say, "Lets go soldier", because they are in fact not soldiers but, MARINES! Please fix this insulting insolence to the USMC.

Semper Fi!

1) like SQBsam said, marines are soldiers too
2) why would they be insulted?
3) I feel you're being disrespectful to soldiers who aren't marines now... :D

Other than that, if they really wouldn't have said it in real life, then it's a valid remark. But honestly I don't think they should put their time in changing it, there's higher priorities.

Upvote 0
...It looks like someone may need to get off of their high horse. Just because you're a Marine doesn't mean you aren't a soldier. Being a soldier in general is considered an honor. It's not an insult and you saying it is is disrespecting anyone who served or is serving that isn't a Marine. Also, I'm pretty sure Hanto uses the US Army skins so what you've said there about all the Americans in the game being MARINES is incorrect.

Upvote 0
Why, in the name of all that's holy do you spend big bucks for realistic voice overs only to fall flat on your *** with stupid mistakes?

These battles are in the pacific war with MARINES, not Army troops. No MARINE NCO would ever say, "Lets go soldier", because they are in fact not soldiers but, MARINES! Please fix this insulting insolence to the USMC.

Semper Fi!

He's right

"Let's go cheap meat-shield we don't actually care about" would be more accurate.

Upvote 0

Semper Fi!

Soldier: Definition:
1) One engaged in military service

2) An enlisted person or a noncommissioned officer.

So, uh..:D

Bobsen is 100% correct.

Its a matter of tradition and respect. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Marine Corps is the Navy's police force and as long as I am President that is what it will remain. They have a propaganda machine that is almost equal to Stalin's.

-Harry S. Truman

Call me disrespectful or an a-hole. I don't care what you think. Truman not me said it:IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bobsen is 100% correct.

Its a matter of tradition and respect. ;)

Wait really? I'm good friends with a marine and I just asked him over steam. He said "that's news to me". He went on to say they all used to joke that they were better than the "Army grunts" and not pussies like the Air Force, but never that they would be insulted being called marines.

Upvote 0

Semper Fi!

>.>

And this is why I think the military budget should be cut and given to NASA... You can accomplish the same industrial complex with Science programs with the same amount of training. You don't get people like this, less of a blow back in foreign affairs, and I don't have to waste my tax money.

These launches are in the 1960's with Astronauts, not astrophysics scientist. No Astronaut Captain would ever say, "Lets go scientist", because they are in fact not scientist but, ASTRONAUTS! Please fix this insulting insolence to the NASA

Per Aspera Ad Astra!

:/ kinda funny when you change the context, to show how retarded this argument is...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Marine Corps is the Navy's police force and as long as I am President that is what it will remain. They have a propaganda machine that is almost equal to Stalin's.

-Harry S. Truman

Call me disrespectful or an a-hole. I don't care what you think. Truman not me said it:IS2:
LMAO.

I get this **** all the time at work. We run (among other things) a couple WWII magazines, and all calls to our editorial office run through me, so I have to listen to random jackasses with a beef against other military branches turn random typos into an "agenda" against their branch. "You didn't capitalize Airmen, your magazine clearly has a bias", "you used the word soldier, but the only guys there were marines, it's a travesty!".

It's people like these who want to pretend that their branch of the military is the only one that ever fought for their country, and the rest are fakers. Worst still, they think the world revolves around them, because at the end of the day, no one cares about their stupid crusade, it's just that someone didn't drink enough coffee while they were proofreading, or the author's pinky missed the shift key.

Upvote 0
LMAO.

I get this **** all the time at work. We run (among other things) a couple WWII magazines, and all calls to our editorial office run through me, so I have to listen to random jackasses with a beef against other military branches turn random typos into an "agenda" against their branch. "You didn't capitalize Airmen, your magazine clearly has a bias", "you used the word soldier, but the only guys there were marines, it's a travesty!".

It's people like these who want to pretend that their branch of the military is the only one that ever fought for their country, and the rest are fakers. Worst still, they think the world revolves around them, because at the end of the day, no one cares about their stupid crusade, it's just that someone didn't drink enough coffee while they were proofreading, or the author's pinky missed the shift key.

Really? Thats the best you can do? For the record, I am an ARMY vet (19D), who has many MARINE vet friends and I can tell you, with all honesty, no one, I repeat, no one, of the former MARINES would EVER refer to themselvs as soldiers! It is a matter of honor for them, and I as a former service member respect that. Did you ever serve?

Upvote 0
LMAO.

This guy knows what he is talking about

Upvote 0
Wait really? I'm good friends with a marine and I just asked him over steam. He said "that's news to me". He went on to say they all used to joke that they were better than the "Army grunts" and not pussies like the Air Force, but never that they would be insulted being called marines.

A Marine being insulted because he's called a Marine?

Not hardly. :cool:

A Marine, is a Marine, is a Marine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lmao.

I get this **** all the time at work. We run (among other things) a couple wwii magazines, and all calls to our editorial office run through me, so i have to listen to random jackasses with a beef against other military branches turn random typos into an "agenda" against their branch. "you didn't capitalize airmen, your magazine clearly has a bias", "you used the word soldier, but the only guys there were marines, it's a travesty!".

+10

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.