• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS A few improvements

slice

Jul 21, 2012
Germania
Hey, overall, Rising Storm is a fantastic game, especially in hardcore modes. There are some things that bug me though.

1. First of all, player names. It is really annoying to see those big, white friendly name tags everywhere, it fills up the entire screen and negatively influences the whole atmosphere.

My suggestion here is: Replace the tags with simple white/blue/green dots. When you point at them, you see the name tag, but i wouldn't mind if the tags are getting removed completely, because you don't need to see them anyway. Squad leaders get a "special dot", so you can quickly identify and follow them in a joint attack.

Or simply give us players the option to disable name tags (expect those of squad leaders) completely.

2. In classic mode, increase the stamina of the japanese soldiers slightly. It happened to often for me, that when i banzai'ed, and was right in front of an US GI, i ran out of breath quickly and he could shoot me with his M1 Garand at ease. In hardcore mode, banzai charges are a good counter to all those automatic weapons because you can move fast while doing it, surprising them and dodge their bullets to a certain point, but that advantage is non-existant in classic mode. Lots of japanese attacks bog down quickly, because they simply don't have the courage to attack, because they know they have no chance to dodge enemy fire, make a breakthrough when running slow and becoming an easy target for US troops.

3. As already suggested in other threads, give server admins the option to disable weapon zoom completely (in classic mode).

4. I noticed that the sound of explosions (e.g. from grenades) sometimes completely cuts off, what means that you can see that something explodes right in front of you, but you can't hear anything.

In my opinion the sound explosions itself lack of "brutality" and "bass", you don't really "feel" that "force" of a grenade(!) or 60mm mortar shell exploding right infront of you, you don't get frightened by the sound itself. Hope you know what i mean.

5. Add more sonic cracks. In real life, every bullet (if not subsonic) flies with supersonic speed, thus creating the well know sonic crack. The existing sonic crack soundfiles sound a bit "boring", too quiet, and overall not frightening at all. More sonic cracks would make suppressive fire more effective and intimidating, it would contribute a lot to the whole atmosphere of brutal firefights, Rising Storm has to offer..

6. Currently, the blast of a shell quickly disappears, the duration of it could be a bit longer, and every big explosions could leave a little dust cloud.

Hope you like those ideas, and if anyone could make an awesome game even better, then the RS Team/TW!

greets

Last edited:
5. Add more sonic cracks. In real life, every bullet (if not subsonic) flies with supersonic speed, thus creating the well know sonic crack. The existing sonic crack soundfiles sound a bit "boring", too quiet, and overall not frightening at all. More sonic cracks would make suppressive fire more effective and intimidating, it would contribute a lot to the whole atmosphere of brutal firefights.

Modders are working on that now. So I guess, we will see it 'soon' :p

Upvote 0