• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Do grenades come out slower/have a cooldown now or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVsQU3kDmBo

I was watching this video and then wanted to try it for myself because videos always make it look easy. But I just can't throw the grenades fast enough. It's like there's a quarter second (exaggerating) cooldown between tosses or something. Obviously the crux of this tactic is getting all 4 grenades to go off at the same time, but no matter what I try I can't get the grenades out as fast as the performer in the video does it. I even tried mapping grenade to my mouse wheel.

Did something get patched in between now and when that video was made? I'm well aware how dubious of a tactic it is to take on FPs as a lone commando.

Basically the maximum speed of grenade throwing is determined by the animations of your gun, the raise and lower animations to be exact. I just tried it a few times just now and I too can't seem to throw four grenades before the first one explodes but I don't know if they changed anything with the scar.

Something you could try (just for fun) is buying the scar and the lar and comparing the speed you can throw grenades at. Because these animations are missing for the lar you can throw them roughly three times faster with it.

Upvote 0
I can vouch from experience that 3 grenades will work in most games, and worst comes to worst if you knife run and time your jump you can almost always survive a hit from the FP.

To answer your question, I've never, in ~850 hours of play seen anyone manage to throw more than 3 nades in a single pull. He must be uber-|33+ 2pro4u H@><><01-

Upvote 0
Something you could try (just for fun) is buying the scar and the lar and comparing the speed you can throw grenades at. Because these animations are missing for the lar you can throw them roughly three times faster with it.

Wow! :eek:
I went support for extra grenades and I could get out 6 pretty easy if I timed it right, without taking any damage.
Could get about 7-9 out if you didn't care about blowing yourself up a bit.
This is so whacky...

Upvote 0
Its easier if you have the key remapped. My mouse has an extra 2 buttons on the side. One of them is my nade button and the other is my self heal. That's how I was able to toss them so fast rather than reaching over to the G key. No uber hack stuff here or animation glitch manipulation or something. I sometimes still only manage to get 3 off instead of 4. It's by chance somehow to me at least...

Upvote 0
You can throw all eleven in one blow without hurting yourself.
--LAR/MAC10
--The right rhythm. Too fast, and they won't quite throw. Too slow, and, well, it's slow.
--An upward angle. The grenade's timer gets reset when/if it hits the ground, so if you throw farther, you get more time to throw more grenades downrange. Too far and they'll airburst, though.

I haven't tried putting this to actual use, but if I can do it in testmap6p, I'm sure someone that's actually good at the game could use it. 6pHoE FP only takes seven demo/support grenades to die, though.
If a full team of 6* demos had perfect accuracy, they could chuck all their grenades at 6pHoE pat, then finish him off with ten rounds from each of their 9mms. That would be glorious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well yeah, but I mean purely hand grenades, no shotgun blasts or 40mms.

If you don't use anything to activate his rage timer, he'll move away from the hand grenades before they blow up, and will vastly reduce their damage. Even if you throw all 11 at him, just chucking them at his chest, they might not even kill him since he'd keep backpedalling away from them.

Upvote 0