• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A simple but interesting sound addition.

G_Sajer

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Minnesota
:)

I thought of this while playing Grain Elevator. Currently there is obviously an embedded assortment of sounds used when a bullet strikes certain materials and surfaces. Metal, wood, masonary. They sound pretty good. But it struck me as odd that something like an occasional ricochette isnt present. You wouldn't want to overdo it because the darn thing would begin to sound like a sphaghetti western. But an occasional riccochette when a bullet struck masonary or metal might be a nice touch of drama. And it seems to me that such an addition might not be too difficult or time intensive to insert into the code with an update. And perhaps if folks didn't care for it, it could be true/false switched in the ROGame.ini. Waddya think? :D

Last edited:
:D

Heh. Nothing wrong with spaghetti westerns. I think it's just one of those things where a little bit is good, but a whole lot might annoying. :D Another thing I think about on the rare occasion when I make a suggestion is this: Is Tripwire going to be forced to rotate the entire code house around in a circle to insert one piece of furniture? In this case; probably not.
So it may be more likely they'll consider the idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The sound of a ricochet is no different in reality. It just sounds like a bullet striking a surface. Good hits on hard surfaces usually "ricochet" and it's just the core-jacket separation sending bits of the jacket and lead core off. Sometimes they stay right about where you shot, and some other times dependent upon angle of incidence they will fly off as secondary projectiles.

There are still countless glitches and errors with the game. The focus has to be upon fixing the game as it is, not adding novelty items.

Upvote 0