• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

vehicules of maps

ro2player

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
What vehicules for each RO 2 maps ?

Fews maps don't need vehicules :
-barracks
-grain elevator
-apartments
(-mamayev kurgan )
(-spartanovka )
(-station )

Fews maps need only halftracks :
-mamayev kurgan ?
-spartanovka ?
-station ?

Maybe not a good idea...i am not sure it will work. For each map : Sdfkz 251 and universal carrier or only Sdfkz 251 or only universal carrier ?
We can imagine :
-mamayev kurgan with only universal carrier
-spartanovka with only Sdfkz 251
-station with Sdfkz 251 and universal carrier

Fews maps need only tanks :
-gumrak

Fews maps need tanks and halftracks :
-red orctober factory
-fallen fighters
-commissar house
-pavlov house
-barashka (really need it. Vehicules will give second life to Barashka I think.)

Last edited:
In my opinion, none of the stock TWI maps need vehicles other than gumrack...They are much too small. There is really no where for the vehicles to operate effectively. Putting vehicles on mamayev would ruin a very good infantry fight.

However, there are some exciting custom maps out there that literally scream for combined arms action. Yakolevo for one......

Upvote 0
In my opinion, none of the stock TWI maps need vehicles other than gumrack...They are much too small. There is really no where for the vehicles to operate effectively. Putting vehicles on mamayev would ruin a very good infantry fight.

However, there are some exciting custom maps out there that literally scream for combined arms action. Yakolevo for one......

Also, I think some people have maps on hold due to the lack of transports for proper testing.

Upvote 0
I dunno, I came to RO2 from Arma and to me all the maps are pretty small. To be bothered to load up to drive a few hundred meters in a big juicy target seems like a bad idea in almost all of them if the other side has reasonable AT. I see it could be interesting in Barashka, Bridges or No Man's Hill though. No Man's Hill with troop transport would be fun.

Upvote 0
Eh, adding halftracks to Barashka will just make it more run'n'gun like except with vehicles. Players will be driving and dashing all over the map dropping one or two players off in areas that don't make any sense thus leaving next to no battle lines at all.

I don't care if the ROOST version had them, that map was just 'OK' at best in my opinion. ROHOS Barashka is much much better (although it still needs improvement more time etc)

Upvote 0