• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Progression system?

Piscator

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2006
I am sure this has been discussed but I could not find it. So sorry if I ask again.

Will there be a progression system in RS like in HOS?

I hope not as in HOS Realism it breaks immersion for me quite a bit to see people spawn with enemy weapons and you can't rely on what weapon sounds you hear (other than picked up weapons).
Stats improvements for avatars are also not really liked by me in HOS so I hope RS will not implement this.

I am sure this has been discussed but I could not find it. So sorry if I ask again.

Will there be a progression system in RS like in HOS?

I hope not as in HOS Realism it breaks immersion for me quite a bit to see people spawn with enemy weapons and you can't rely on what weapon sounds you hear (other than picked up weapons).
Stats improvements for avatars are also not really liked by me in HOS so I hope RS will not implement this.

Too early for anything definitive.
But the stock game modes in HoS are likely to be carried over to RS, so play Classic if progression is bothering you. If the RS team is going to be developing an entirely new game mode for it, then I can see this game taking much longer to come out.

Upvote 0
I like the progression system because it`s pretty slow and you don`t get every 5 minuites a level up, so you have something you can go for. For the Stalingrad setting it`s not that unrealistic for Germans to spawn with a ppsh, because a few german soldiers picked them up. Because of the reliability in the russian winter. But with the other weapons you`re totally wright.

Upvote 0
I can't see how it would work. It was bad enough in RO2 with everyone picking the mkb/mg34 all the time. How is it going to work with the heavily lopsided weapon selection in the pacific? If it follows the same pattern as RO2, you'd just see every Japanese player running around with a Garand/M1911/BAR etc etc.

Upvote 0
I can't see how it would work. It was bad enough in RO2 with everyone picking the mkb/mg34 all the time. How is it going to work with the heavily lopsided weapon selection in the pacific? If it follows the same pattern as RO2, you'd just see every Japanese player running around with a Garand/M1911/BAR etc etc.

That is my biggest fear but then I remember seeing something on the forums from the RS devs saying that it will be an accurate loadout.

Upvote 0
on a side note, I also wouldn't mind it being too silly, having to get 1500 kills for a bigger magazine for the mg or a new scope or something gets annoying and just leads to stat padding vs the bots so I can play on a realism server with the same loadouts as everyone else who plays on them regularly and not feel gimped

Upvote 0
Rising Storm will have all core in-game features that RO2 possesses, which includes the progression system. I can not say however, if or how the features in Rising Storm might differ from those seen in Heroes of Stalingrad (As the community manager together with the project leads are in control of the information throughput, as logically some plans and ideas might still be scrapped).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rising Storm will have all core in-game features that RO2 possesses, which includes the progression system. I can however not say however, if or how the features in Rising Storm might differ from those seen in Heroes of Stalingrad (As the community manager together with the project leads are in control of the information throughput, as logically some plans and ideas might still be scrapped).

the question is, are there going to be silly things like americans spawning with katanas? and standard jap riflemen spawning with m1 garands. if that is not the case. i dont mind what goes on.

but come to think of it could be quite amusing to have a game mode where everyone only has katanas and Colt 45s . just for laughs. :D just thowing that idea in the mix.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yea hopefully they take out spawning with enemy weapons, it will ruin the immersion somewhat if we see Japs running round with Tommy guns :eek:

To be fair, it seems as though only one class has access to SMGs on the Japanese side. Regardless, seeing Japanese soldiers spawning with M1 Garands, Carbines and Thompsons would be a facepalm and a half.

Upvote 0
To be fair, it seems as though only one class has access to SMGs on the Japanese side. Regardless, seeing Japanese soldiers spawning with M1 Garands, Carbines and Thompsons would be a facepalm and a half.

Quite honestly at this point, I'm expecting at least a one facepalm rating with RS, possibly more. Hopefully I'm wrong...

Upvote 0