• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can TPW add the ability to use your desktop colors? Default gamma and colors are poor

Z Overlord

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2009
KF by default uses in game sliders for gamma and other advanced gamma settings that most games don't deal with. This makes the Steam Overlay look discolored and no tweaking will fix it. When you go into Windowed mode, KF uses your desktop color, and in game looks beautiful and Steam Overlay is correctly colored. Problem is I don't like Windowed mode and it gives me worse fps, so I'd love if the KF devs added a checkbox in game to use desktop colors :D

Who else agrees :IS2:?

borderless windowed mode would be neat!

I'd love this too

But this game should still have an option to use desktop colors while in full screen. No other game has ever behaved like this for me, I am certain it has to do with the color settings in KF.

I use a Radeon HD7970 if it makes a difference, but ever since KF came out this color thing has existed for me and friends, so it's not my end.

Upvote 0
I have an ATI/AMD video card setup too. Goto your CCC after booting into windows and then select DESKTOP COLORS.

Click on the REACTIVATE AMD COLOR CONTROLS button.

That "should" force the desktop gamma back into games.

will you have to do this every time you boot into Windows?

edit: I tried it and it did nothing

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I beg to differ

o-rly-I-beg-to-differ.jpg

Upvote 0