• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Recent changes on SDK and random items

TheMutant

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2012
Germany
Hello community,
since the X-MAS update I noticed two new things concerning the KF SDK.
First of all, all my pickups throw an error to the map check window. How can I fix them?
Additionally, I have new AI path connection (orange colored) over larger distances, I assume this has something to do with the "low gravity behaviour". Does the AI also use these paths on "normal" gravity?

Finally (this has nothing to do with the recent update), my random item spawns do not work. I left all the properties at its default values, but still not a single pickup will be spawned while playing, not even on beginner difficulty.

Attachments

• Pickups-Errors.jpg
    Pickups-Errors.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
  • NewPaths.jpg
    NewPaths.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 0
+1 on patch problems. I can't even launch a map now after I make changes to it and save it (its a story map but still, it has survived every other patch to date).

I got the same item placement build errors as OP and have a fix. Go to the properties of all the inventory items.
Pickup->bExcludeFromNavigation = True
(to get them all at once, ctrl-click 1 instance of each of your different weapons and ammos, then right click ->select all-> matching static meshes). I'm not sure if there's any side effects of doing this, though I'm presuming that pickup navigation would only be needed in games where bots can pick up items. This clears up the red errors after building the paths, but my map still won't run.

I have also reported in another thread that some properties are now unavailable in the actor class browser. For example the Pawn->Health

Upvote 0
[...]
Finally (this has nothing to do with the recent update), my random item spawns do not work. I left all the properties at its default values, but still not a single pickup will be spawned while playing, not even on beginner difficulty.

Bump.
This is still an issue to me, can some nice mapper explain to me how to set up random items properly, please? :)

Upvote 0