• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Free weekend and 75% discount!

We gave you a free content pack a couple of weeks ago - now is the time to get all your friends to try it. RO2 multi-player is free to play from now through Monday 17 December - and available to buy at a 75% discount.

The new map is Barashka, a re-imagining and re-working of an old favorite from the original Red Orchestra. This brings in combined arms combat, villages, bridges and a river crossing to fight for. The map features both Territory and Countdown game modes.

For the Countdown game mode, simplified and improved match flow and user interface will make it much simpler to understand, making for much more instant and direct battles. Just to encourage everyone to try out the changes, we'll be issuing Double XP towards your Honor from today in Countdown mode!

Of course, there are a host of other updates to the game. These include requests from the community, such as walk while actively firing machine guns from the hip; increased stamina pool in Classic; chat system refinements and more.

This is great, a shame we could have had no warning, as servers could have been adminned more.
I've been on a few servers trying to help the new players but it seems the other experienced players used it as an excuse to get loads of spawnkills on the new players.

It would be nice if experienced players didn't use the free weekend just to up their kill/death ratio and rank some weapons.

Helping the new players learn to play is better for us in the long run and can be more fun for all.
If you want some of these players to stay, it would be good if you can go on servers and help out this weekend.

Upvote 0
Where can I download it though? When I go on steam and where it says to download click here, I click it and it pretty much just refreshes the page.
yeah! there's something wrong here.
why isn't RO2 one of the gamesw that pop-up when you log out of a game and get the notices about free\reduced price deals? once again, Steam is messing with RO2. :confused:

Upvote 0
This is great, a shame we could have had no warning, as servers could have been adminned more.
I've been on a few servers trying to help the new players but it seems the other experienced players used it as an excuse to get loads of spawnkills on the new players.

It would be nice if experienced players didn't use the free weekend just to up their kill/death ratio and rank some weapons.

Helping the new players learn to play is better for us in the long run and can be more fun for all.
If you want some of these players to stay, it would be good if you can go on servers and help out this weekend.

Good point! +1

Upvote 0