• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Survival mode

This actually wouldn't be too hard of a suggestion to complete. All you'd have to do is set up a few triggers that auto-loop to spawn in the zeds randomly. To allow random trader stuff, you just have to set a few more triggers to open and close trader doors (maybe like allow 30 seconds of actual trader time once you enter a trader room). Another trigger could be set to teleport you out after 30 seconds have expired if you've stayed in the room too long (this one would probably close the doors too).

After a while you'd find it not exactly too easy to survive with the spawns coming consistently... although if things don't despawn from being heavily out of range of you... that might be a few too many zeds around the map and destroy most people's computers with trying to render stuff unless you used a lot of occlusion volumes.

The hardest part would be making the actual map itself large enough to be worth making to this 'Survival' mode. That and I have no idea how to respawn players when a certain number of zeds have been killed by the players.

Upvote 0
Maybe a naive and somewhat silly idea.
But I really think this game could profit from having some kind of game mode for scavenging for food, ammo and hiding with your friends from the infestation. This kind of concept is probably great in a post-apocalyptic setting.

Cool idea. Sounds like a good bit of work, though. Not something I picture coming to KF.

Upvote 0
lol.

lol I got a new idea. how about a campaign mode? first you start of in westlondon, scavenging weapons and ****ing up zome zeds, and when you complete the objectives you go to next map. ofc you have to team up with ur teamates and share ammo (give a share ammo button?) and make it really team dependent. and you choose ur role in the start of the match and is stuck with that perk throughout that map till it loads a new one.

and you will bring your weapons to the next map. and then you might have to do some hard choices. drop xbow for a lar because its empty for ammo. could have ammo boxes drop ammo for certain weapons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol.

lol I got a new idea. how about a campaign mode? first you start of in westlondon, scavenging weapons and ****ing up zome zeds, and when you complete the objectives you go to next map. ofc you have to team up with ur teamates and share ammo (give a share ammo button?) and make it really team dependent. and you choose ur role in the start of the match and is stuck with that perk throughout that map till it loads a new one.

and you will bring your weapons to the next map. and then you might have to do some hard choices. drop xbow for a lar because its empty for ammo. could have ammo boxes drop ammo for certain weapons.

The original version of the KF mod has a single player mode very similar to this. It's pretty hard because you don't have nearly enough ammo to kill everything, so you have to find a way to run through enemies without taking a lot of damage. It's much more about simply surviving than killing a ton of Zeds solo. It also starts in WestLondon, like your suggestion does.

Upvote 0