• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lack of solid detail

akb

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
USA
Alright here goes. Ever since I started playing ro2 I've had the complaint of lack of detail and color. Everything is very saturated and blends together making it very difficult to spot enemy players. This is amplified while running I've noticed causing me to not notice the most obvious of enemies. I play with fairly low settings because of a dual core processor, but I have set my game to ultra on several occasions to see how it looked and I noticed no change. I don't know if it's the engine or what, but there has to be something I can do or TW can do.

Besides just that there are many things graphically I'd like to mention. When foliage is turned to the lowest settings all grass disappears. I really don't even need to mention why this is a problem, especially with TWILADDER coming up. With settings on low many important things are lost/or broken like tracers, lighting(also adds to the issue I previously mentioned), sounds(footsteps, talking, arty). I get why these things are graphicly turned down(hence the low setting) but the things I mentioned shouldn't be altered with all that much more than they are w/ultra settings. That way the game is more even accross the board.

Here are just 2 of the screenshots I quickly took. As you can see it's difficult to spot my teamate in just a 10-15 foot room. Imagine this at 40-100 yards. The lack of depth perseption on the guy from the wall is also effected. This all also has to do with the Fog of War which puzzles me.

I'd like to see more clarity like these ro1 pictures....I know they aren't fantactic but it's all I got left on my pc. DEFINITION is KEY. I really like the variation in terrain and building textures too. cement and such.

Here are some links
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594694818205460070/8647E000713F4D95702D60035C207B2034368B5A/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=10007956
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=72773985

Attachments

• 2012-10-16_00003.jpg
    2012-10-16_00003.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2012-10-16_00002.jpg
    2012-10-16_00002.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2012-06-23_00002.jpg
    2012-06-23_00002.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 2012-09-26_00001.jpg
    2012-09-26_00001.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Alright here goes. Ever since I started playing ro2 I've had the complaint of lack of detail and color. Everything is very saturated and blends together making it very difficult to spot enemy players. This is amplified while running I've noticed causing me to not notice the most obvious of enemies. I play with fairly low settings because of a dual core processor, but I have set my game to ultra on several occasions to see how it looked and I noticed no change. I don't know if it's the engine or what, but there has to be something I can do or TW can do.

Besides just that there are many things graphically I'd like to mention. When foliage is turned to the lowest settings all grass disappears. I really don't even need to mention why this is a problem, especially with TWILADDER coming up. With settings on low many important things are lost/or broken like tracers, lighting(also adds to the issue I previously mentioned), sounds(footsteps, talking, arty). I get why these things are graphicly turned down(hence the low setting) but the things I mentioned shouldn't be altered with all that much more than they are w/ultra settings. That way the game is more even accross the board.

Here are just 2 of the screenshots I quickly took. As you can see it's difficult to spot my teamate in just a 10-15 foot room. Imagine this at 40-100 yards. The lack of depth perseption on the guy from the wall is also effected.

BUT THATS WAR LOLZ . CANT HANDLE THE ULTRA SUPER DUPER REALISM? COD SCRUB

/sarcasm

Upvote 0
You are complaining because the game looks bad in LOW settings? Well, you should upgrade your PC man. :(
The game looks perfect on Ultra, and I even spot people to easly.

Not really, no. And I'm not saying anything about it looking bad. Just what I'm having problems with. I said I've set the game to ultra and I still have the same problem or complaint as you say.

Upvote 0
I guess those settings are all at the minimum that you can use. I have played around with graphic settings quite a lot because on many occasions when I thought I had found a cheater, it actually turned out (to me at least) that the other player probably will run some graphic settings on lowest possible.

On one occasion I was sniper on Spartanovka and I couldn't believe that I was always killed while in my eyes, I was perfectly concealed with approx. a 3 feet area that I covered by myself (left Axis 1st spawn at the tank).

However, after checking this with a friend, the complete erazing of fooliage when setting graphics to lowest possible made the ground a flat area and in fact, I appeared lying in the complete open. No single grass straw to see. That was explanation enough.

Another easy "cheat" as I would call it, is to play around with gamma settings, not only on night maps.Especially the russian uniforms can become so bright that the player would have to wear sunglasses in order to compensate the big "shoot me" sign, the russian uniforms become then.

However, the game looks completely ugly when tweakening the settings like I described and I am NEVER playing with different graphic settings than the ones I got used to. Especially since I paid quite some money on a high end PC.

Considering nxsakb's reference to a potential ladder/clan event concern, you will face people playing with lowest settings possible in order to gain an advantage over competitors. If you like it or not.

I played this game for the fun, not for the competition, while I like the competition and don't think I need to take advantages through graphic settings. That's lame.

What I would like however was that even on the most minimalistic graphic settings, fooliage is still represented in such way that a guy hiding/covering himself, is also somehow covered in the eyes of a player that uses low settings. Cause it's an extreme immersion breaker if your enemy has eagle eyes.

Upvote 0