• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Treyarch kill off the PC Clan Community with Black Ops 2

Treyarch have finally released their info about the Black Ops 2 PC multiplayer and its not good reading.

Their own unproven Anti-Cheat system?
No dedicated servers for the community.
Matchmaking is all you get.
No mod tools.

Although all this is not surprising considering that Activision have been moving away from full PC support for Call of Duty since MW1.

What anti-cheat will be used?
Anti-cheat is a top priority for Call of Duty

Last edited:
So what you're really saying with this horrific title is they kinda annoy the "PC Clan Community that was for some odd reason looking forward to Black Ops 2" although probably not enough to make them not want to play it?

tumblr_m2eoa1Upa91rt3mj5o1_400.gif

Upvote 0
Treyarch killed off the competitive community for any of their COD games after COD5. Who can forget the exhibition match staged between Dignitas and Evil Geniuses at i35 lol

It was released with no record, no mod tools and no comp mode. Blops was more of the same, no mod tools, no comp mode no good comp maps.

Upvote 0
And it'll still sell millions.

Of course. I have heard it plenty of times, and I believe, that the phrase ''Please give us more DLCs'' is quite common. As the phrase ''It's just a game don't play it if you don't like it!''. Like if gaming companies are giving you it all this and not selling it. No offense to DLCs, but some companies simply take it too far and its sad that not more gamers take responsibility and make demands. Because the core of the problem is the gamers and not the gaming companies. If EA games noticed that they could sell a bag of dogpoo for $9,99 they would do it. We need more gaming politics. :)

Upvote 0
Will you release the server files?
No. We are keeping the server files secure to protect the game from hacking and cheating and ensure the ranking and progression system integrity.

Can I rent a server?
No. We are providing a huge number of servers around the world at no extra charge – plenty for everyone to enjoy. And we will administer the servers.

Will there be mod tools?
No. As we continually improve and advance our in-house tools for our own content teams we are unable to provide consumer tools due to increased technical requirements, licensing restrictions, and technology dependencies.
What a bunch of bs. This is just blatant dishonesty. It all boils down to them wanting more content control and trying to squeeze as much money out of the title as possible before the next CoD comes out in a years time.

Oh how I hate Activision.
Of course. I have heard it plenty of times, and I believe, that the phrase ''Please give us more DLCs'' is quite common. As the phrase ''It's just a game don't play it if you don't like it!''.
The vast majority of gamers are idiots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seems that Treyarch/Activision are yet again trying to turn a PC call of duty title into a retro console game..lol.
Thank god we still have developers like TWI to make games for the PC.
it will sell bucket loads and then the CoD PC community will not stop *****ing about the lack of PC support..lol..and of course the promises will then start all over again about how the next title will have much more PC support..Sad very sad.

Upvote 0
Can we stop mentioning TWI as "thank god we have them"? They pretty much butchered the RO franchise, drove off their community with bad decision after bad decision. They are not the "saints" anymore. They even make EA/DICE combination look good compared to them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can we stop mentioning TWI as "thank god we have them"? They pretty much butchered the RO franchise, drove off their community with bad decision after bad decision. They are not the "saints" anymore. They even make EA/DICE combination look good compared to them.

Only after you stop letting your butthurt dictate your actions regarding a game and being a bitter little baby.

Compared to launch, RO2 has made quite a few improvements. They've made mistakes, yes, but that's just what they are. If anything it's important that TWI went through this as a good learning process to help them further mesh the company and goal together.

Upvote 0

How about no!!
I'm sorry you feel so down on TWI but isn't about time you stopped visiting if your so upset?
Instead of posting stuff about your obvious dislike for TWI here go play something you enjoy its much more rewarding.
It seems they drove you off but you refuse to leave..lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
(The main problem with RO2 is probably that Stalingrad isn't that fun theme.)

I wonder how bad it is with the server thingy. "every Public or League match is hosted on a dedicated server running in one of our high bandwidth datacenters around the globe." That works imho great for Dota 2. Not sure if it is wise to compare Valve and Trayarch though ^^.

Upvote 0