Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS Modifications > Level Design > RO2/RS Beta Map Releases

Old 11-25-2012, 02:22 PM

Default [MAP] TE-Yakovlevo

TE-Yakovlevo:

Operation Citadel 0300 hours. Spearheading Generaloberst Hermann Hoth's 4th Panzer Army attack on the southern Kursk
salient is three SS panzergrenadier divisions commanded by SS-Obergruppenführer Paul "Papa" Hausser. Leibstandarte
division will take the left flank , Das Reich the center, and Totenkopf the right. Your Sd.Kfz.161 company, comprised of nine
squads each with three tanks, is to penatrate North with regiments of the II SS Panzer Corps. Advance up along the Vorskla
and occupy the mining compound South of the Belgorod-Kursk road. Second, capture the nearby village of Yakovlevo, this will
silence the Stalin Organs and allow support from Totenkopf. After eliminating any pockets of resistance, take the road North
and join the forward battalion attacking Alexandrovka. Achieve your objectives, for Papa and the Fatherland, the Russian lines
will break!

Strategic Defense 0600 hours. Lieutenant-General Pavel Rotmistrov's 5th Guards Tank Army's mission is to be taking battle
groups of Tridtsat'chetverka's from the II Tank Corps and II Guards Tank Corps. Your battle group of six squads, each one an
iron fist, is to immediately deploy South towards the Voronezh Front where the enemy was allowed to cross. To stop the facist
from running over the fields of Mother Russia, set up a defensive line half of a kilometer West of the Gubkin mine head frame.
As we move East, use our superior numbers to destroy the invaders where ever they may be hiding. Do not be forgeting, we
must seize Yakovlevo to defend our precious Katyushas. This successful counter-offensive will cut off supplies to the enemy
tanks approaching Prokhorovka, forcing the German Army into retreat. Follow your orders, Shalandin is with you. Together we
cannot lose!

It is now 0900...

---------------------------------------------------------

This is a Tank only map.

Please go to the "FINAL" release thread for download link:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=99721
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rotmistrov.jpg (34.0 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg map6.jpg (43.3 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg map4.jpg (98.9 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg PaulHausser.jpg (40.2 KB, 65 views)

Support RS/RO2 Content Creators. Join a Custom Map Server today.

Last edited by Twrecks; 05-23-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:23 PM

More pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yakov_b1a.jpg (50.0 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg Yakov_b1b.jpg (44.0 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg Yakov_b1c.jpg (46.1 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg Yakov_b1d.jpg (45.3 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg Yakov_b1e.jpg (38.7 KB, 152 views)

Old 11-25-2012, 02:30 PM

and a few more:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yakov_b1f.jpg (36.3 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Yakov_b1g.jpg (42.7 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg Yakov_b1h.jpg (37.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg Yakov_b1i.jpg (56.0 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Yakov_b1j.jpg (33.7 KB, 86 views)

Old 11-25-2012, 03:39 PM

Hey, when I download it off the workshop it goes Published and not Published\CookedPC\Maps

Last edited by Extension7; 11-25-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
Hey, when I download it off the workshop it goes Published and not Published\CookedPC\Maps
Same here,but it works just the same.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 AM

Hi Twrecks, could you post the player files here on the forum? Myself and other people have been having issues D/L custom maps from the RO2 workshop.

Map looks cool
Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 AM

looks pretty good so far...
Place much more vegetation in the map for ambush positions or to disguise tactical movements ...

keep it up
Old 11-26-2012, 02:03 PM

So many new custom meshes. Megusta.jpg
Old 11-26-2012, 02:04 PM

Just got it running. Went in to look around. Jumped in a t-34.

Arrived in villiage where I engaged Pzkw IVs. Fired the main weapon a few times. Then I noticed a commander perched in the hatch. I pressed the secondary weapon key in hopes to hit him. What happened next took my breath away. The mantle mg hit the tank and two others near it. Except the ammunition effect was as though the mg was firing 76mm ap on full auto. The three mk IVs lit up like no tomorrow. I thought wow.
I swung the turret again and targetted another. Pressed the secondary fire and lit it up like an A-10 had hit it with a full belt of 30mm gatling!

Whoa! I pulled it out of rotation. Can't let the pubbies have this one just yet. What a hell-of-an "Easter-egg!"

By the way, this is a beautiful map. But we gotta tone down that MG.

Last edited by G_Sajer; 11-26-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Sajer View Post

Just got it running. Went in to look around. Jumped in a t-34.

Arrived in villiage where I engaged Pzkw IVs. Fired the main weapon a few times. Then I noticed a commander perched in the hatch. I pressed the secondary weapon key in hopes to hit him. What happened next took my breath away. The mantle mg hit the tank and two others near it. Except the ammunition effect was as though the mg was firing 76mm ap on full auto. The three mk IVs lit up like no tomorrow. I thought wow.
I swung the turret again and targetted another. Pressed the secondary fire and lit it up like an A-10 had hit it with a full belt of 30mm gatling!

Whoa! I pulled it out of rotation. Can't let the pubbies have this one just yet. What a hell-of-an "Easter-egg!"

By the way, this is a beautiful map. But we gotta tone down that MG.

Sorry G_Sajer, this isn't an Easter Egg. There is nothing in the map to illicit this MG destruction.

This is a known TWI issue/bug. It happens on every tank only map vs bot tanks, especially during off-line play testing. BTW, you don't even have to hit the tank, just aim in the general direction. Works better the further the tank is from you.

Last edited by Twrecks; 11-26-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrecks View Post
Sorry G_Sajer, this isn't an Easter Egg. There is nothing in the map to illicit this MG destruction.

This is a known TWI issue/bug. It happens on every tank only map vs bot tanks, especially during off-line play testing. BTW, you don't even have to hit the tank, just aim in the general direction. Works better the further the tank is from you.
+1 its a bug.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:

Holy Toledo. I wonder why I have never noticed this phenom in Gumrak or the now (sadly) dead Kursk map. I've played those maps with tons of bots.
It's a wonder the kids havn't used it as an exploit to make a trash heap of severs featuring the Gumrak map. I'm floored I don't know about this. Gotta look into it further.

Last edited by G_Sajer; 11-26-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 PM

Its been there since day1,but TWI have done nothing about it since it only happens against bots, very few people know about it,lets keep it that way.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Day View Post
Its been there since day1,but TWI have done nothing about it since it only happens against bots, very few people know about it,lets keep it that way.
Agreed. But I stumbled across it quite accidentally. And its hard to imagine I had never noticed this in Gumrak. I'm absolutely stunned! I guess I'll put Twrecks map back in rotation and pray. And then there is Arrad2 tanks only.

Sh-sh-shudder.

Last edited by G_Sajer; 11-26-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:56 PM

Now if only i could fix my smoke problem on this map:

Last edited by Major_Day; 11-26-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:14 PM

Major_Day,

You do have the Beta right? I still have the distance blur, but NO distance fog. Those sceenshots look to have distance fog, atleast the first and second pics look like distance fog. That or the dust effect looks way off, and that's not me. Don't understand why it looks that way for you. Like to see your ROGame.ini

Old 11-26-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Major_Day,

You do have the Beta right? I still have the distance blur, but NO distance fog. Those sceenshots look to have distance fog, atleast the first and second pics look like distance fog. That or the dust effect looks way off, and that's not me. Don't understand why it looks that way for you. Like to see your ROGame.ini
Two of the shots are from the pre-release.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:22 AM

At first glance, I think people are going to like this map. I know a lot of people shy away from tanks, but back in the day when I was at RTR we ruled at tanks. A lot of our older members love them. Which is why I'm so intent on acquiring more tank maps. Once folks understand the relative simplicity of jumping from driver to gunner, and get a basic idea on how to use the range finders, you can do brilliant things.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:22 AM

Thanks G_Sajer

I was on your server last night playing Barashka for several rounds when my map was voted in. Everyone left

Hard to get feedback if no one even plays it...

I need to cook a Countdown version tommorow. prolly going to take the intro music out, as it also played at the end of match in a very annoying way with the stock music.

The map also looked incrediably sparce after Barashka. Being a Tank map, I really optimized it, maybe went too far. I only have a GTX295 so want to be able to get good frame rates with my old hardware.

Still haven't figured out Wolvy's black smoke issue either.

Bots are driving me nuts, can't get them to go where they should. prefer the old path nodes, it was absolute. Nav mesh is new, just need to wrap my melon around it. Least the AI is using the bridges now, had to scale them up considerably.

/rant.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:23 PM

That's strange i can order the bots about and they usually go where they're told (most of them anyway)
Barashka is overdone,there's too much of everything,its not a tank map in the same way as the original was and its a resource hog.
If you want to compare the map compare it to Arad2, Ogledow and Kursk,and it stands up very well alongside those 3.
These 4 maps will always be on my server (whenever they get recooked)
The Steam Workshop is new so very few players if any will have had the map when it was voted on,but its the same for all the custom maps.

Last edited by Major_Day; 11-27-2012 at 12:32 PM.