• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing FLoor Community Patch

masteriamamind

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Evil Lair
Modders, fellow forums members, the time for the Community Patch is now!! Killing Floor Christmas update is around the corner. Steam workshop integration is just on the horizon (pun not intended).

The most persistent bugs are known. New ones are being discovered such as the Firebug dot damage miscalculation. The code to repair these things has been made freely available by the certain forum members to fix this!

There are mutators to alter the behavior of specimens to make then more challenging. Just a few lines of code in the right spot opens up the whole experience!

In closing. Killing Floor deserves a chance to shine brightly without technical flaw. Most of the work is done by our very own members. All that is left is to combine and submit the work as a single unit. Let us unite in this undertaking. Let us ease the burden off of Tripwire. Let us give the gift of Killing Floor as it was meant to be played!!

*steps down from podium*

If you're talking about a community patch as in a patch made by the community like the one that marked the death of Killing Floor 2.5 I'd bloody rather not.

The old KF retail balance beta should be re-opened though IMO. A lot of us still have our keys an' stuff.

Actually, I think this guy might have some reasons for this. If we look at some big name games like Skyrim and TF2, both of them had someone who made a submission for the Steam workshop, in which a ton of changes were introduced. Now, for Skyrim, the majority of the fixes that were included in the massive "official unofficial update" were things like items clipping, items being miss aligned, missing textures, story lines being bugged, etc., and for the TF2 "official unofficial update", many of the small visual bugs were fixed and some of the sound glitches were fixed or changed as well.

Now, bringing this all back to Killing Floor, there could be a community patch that addresses all of the small and minor things. Maybe something like mutators that should be mandatory, items/props clipping, sound bugs, spawn bugs, textures, lighting, etc. etc. Things like weapon blance, new weapons, new zeds, etc. would be too much change for a community patch, but if one was made for all of the very small and minor issues, then that could be something that many would agree upon.

Upvote 0
Actually, I think this guy might have some reasons for this. If we look at some big name games like Skyrim and TF2, both of them had someone who made a submission for the Steam workshop, in which a ton of changes were introduced. Now, for Skyrim, the majority of the fixes that were included in the massive "official unofficial update" were things like items clipping, items being miss aligned, missing textures, story lines being bugged, etc., and for the TF2 "official unofficial update", many of the small visual bugs were fixed and some of the sound glitches were fixed or changed as well.

Now, bringing this all back to Killing Floor, there could be a community patch that addresses all of the small and minor things. Maybe something like mutators that should be mandatory, items/props clipping, sound bugs, spawn bugs, textures, lighting, etc. etc. Things like weapon blance, new weapons, new zeds, etc. would be too much change for a community patch, but if one was made for all of the very small and minor issues, then that could be something that many would agree upon.

Oh, a patch to fix things, I'm all for. I say that it'd best be done.

And yeah, I don't know about balance changes, they're the topic of debate, so I guess a repeat of the 2010 balance beta is what we need.

So community bug fixes are good. A content patch, maybe not so much unless it's maps, you can't go wrong with maps unless they're ridden with exploits (which can be fixed).

Upvote 0