• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fire the main tank gun from hatch position

Andrew Blake

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
I wonder if there is a way to get to fire the main tank gun from the open hatch position. Just like in the old days, very practical. Peeking out the hatch and watch the round as it travels with my binocs.

Currently if I try to shoot it will just align the main gun with where I am aiming. Would it be possible to modify the input.ini to make the gun fire (or command it to fire) by pressing lets say "7" or some button?

This really peaked my interest as I used this:
(Aim with arrows keys mod thread)
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1098298#post1098298[/URL]
To make fine adjustments to my aiming at 1000m targets. Being able to fire while out the hatch also would be very very nice.

You should be able to use the same command you use to tell bots and fellow players to move to a specific spot or to attack a specific enemy.

I rebound my keys so I don't know the default, but the command you use in the German SL Tutorial where you get that silver arrow pointing along the ground.... you can use that not just to tell your tank crew or other players/bots to move to a location, but you can also use it to tell the tank crew/players/bots to attack a specific object or enemy.

When this is done and you place the arrow over a target/enemy, the silver arrow turns into an animated red target sight thingy..... target an enemy tank or enemy troops until you get this target thingy and order the tank crew to attack that target.... then you just sit back and watch the action while hanging out of the hatch.

Probably not the same thing you're looking for, but there ya go :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Indeed similar effect... Not what I was looking for though. More specifically I would want the gunner to just fire not to aim. I'll do the fine adjustments, but I want to see the round travel. Also the bots are retarded, you cant command them to fire at targets too far away.

As a side note:
Something very nice would be to Adjust the main gun not only with pressing the mouse fire button. But using the keyboard arrows, when out the hatch.
Though I haven't tried using the new keyboard system much yet. So it may be adequate.

Upvote 0