• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

One hell of an update we got here (feedback)

outofrealman

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
I just cut the bullXXXX and get to the point right away.

New map, always good, new skins, always good.

However, does the game really need more guns? My answer is NO. Just no. We. Have. Enough. Guns. Already.

If you ask me, I rather they add more maps, more zeds, or even more game modes. May be fixing the hitboxes? Add the vote to pause function? Add the level requirement function? Just not guns...

What do we got?

MK23. Its the middle ground of revolver and HC.

A new medic gun (M7A3). Its an ok addition. Able to one-shot decap small zeds means a lot on HoE. But again... we have 2 already.

A new shotgun? Now you have a pump shotgun with 12 shots every reload. I really dont see the point of adding this gun. Its just another "pump shotgun".

FN-Fal! I mean ... I cant find anything different from this gun to the SCAR. Its just an SCAR with different scope and appearance. They do the same dmg, having same amont of bullets per reload, etc. Its just the same as the SCAR.

Finally... the M99.... Why... jsut why ... why add this to the game.... People dont like powerful guns... Now we have to go through the xbow problem all over again.

So basically, all the new guns are bad addition. Why add more guns the KF while we already have serious balance problems to make it even harder to balance? Not to mention most of the guns overlaps many of the functions of the old ones. Now we have some clearly OP M99, and even one more SCAR while it already do 90% of the job same as the AK.

I really like TWI as a gaming company. This thread mean nothing offensive to them. But I must say I am disappointed. Friends is gone one by one after some of the patches, because public game is unplayable. Low levels fill all the HoE servers while "level 6s" cant even survive wave 1. The only time we can have fun is when we are free at the same time. Which, rarely happens. Most of them quit after they make most pub game unplayable. Now? I am the only one still playing... meh.

I think the whole point of having this set of guns in particular is because they've been created by the community. Forget "we already have too many guns" - embrace the fact that TW has seen some really nice talent in the community, together with IJC they've polished and added the content to the game.

They're optional and don't have to be used. I accept there are a few balancing issues here and there but i'm sure they'll soon be ironed out.

Personally, it's awesome seeing people's hard work being shared and appreciated by most.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Frankly I feel variety is the spice of life, while I'd love the idea of new zeds, I feel guns are always a way to win me over.

I wish the MK.23 had its own "thing" like a laser sight and reduced power. as is it overshadows the already less popular magnums

You touch that new medic gun and I will freak >:C. leave that thing alone

I'd say the new pump shotty needs a weight increase. it overshadows the pump quite a bit and allows for some crazy support loadouts

the FAL may not be unique but AR's have reached a point where if it was given anymore damage it would devalue other classes all together. I dont know how it could be made "special". Frankly I like having the FAL even if it is similiar to the SCAR, just for the sake of diversity

the M99 CAN be balanced, as is its simply way too powerful, not because its bullet damage and penetration (its a antimaterial rifle) more because its reload is WAYYYYYYYYY too fast. especially with the weapon swap glitch. increase the reload speed by a large amount and I'll be happy. the Sharp doesn't get any other weapon if he uses it (I know the M9 is good but not as good as a LAR :D)

as a side note, try out the Xbow its gotten goofy fast reload speed, hopefully they nerf that too.

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
I think the whole point of having this set of guns in particular is because they've been created by the community. Forget "we already have too many guns" - embrace the fact that TW has seen some really nice talent in the community, together with IJC they've polished and added the content to the game.

They're optional and don't have to be used. I accept there are a few balancing issues here and there but i'm sure they'll soon be ironed out.

Personally, it's awesome seeing people's hard work being shared and appreciated by most.

But Gregs! If we don't use the new guns, they'll just sit there in the Trader's shop. Taunting us. Taunting us with their sweet whispers of efficient zed-killing glory. :eek:

Seriously though, it is amazing that a fan-made mod was incorporated into the official game. More so in light of the fact that KF is over three years old and still supported. That should say quite a bit.

Upvote 0
I feel that it's dumb to say "too many guns". KF is the perfect game to have guns in.

The only real issue I see with having lots of guns is flooding the trader menu. I think next time TWI add some more guns, they should make a categorised drop-down list for the gun selection.

- Commando (pretend this is the active perk spot)
- Pistols (is always beneath the active perk in the list)
- Support
- Medic
- Sharpshooter
- Berzerker
- Demolitions
- Firebug

Simple.

IIRC, someone actually did it.

Reactions: |WC|Brass
Upvote 0
Wow... someone thinks that there are too many guns? "They dont have to be used"

Then why those "hardcore players" keep saying X perk is OP and X gun is OP? If you can simply stop using them?

And no, give more damage to commando still wont make them anywhere on par with demo and support. SS is much powerful than commando and FB too (but you need a lot of skill to head shot).

Zerker sucks in team games, and firebug dont have enough dmg while burning zeds is just blocking everyone's sight and bullets.

Reactions: Spicy and aesdana
Upvote 0
I respectfully disagree with everything you said.

If you don't like the new weapons, then don't use them I guess. I'm enjoying them a LOT.

The M99, HSG-1 and M7A3 all bring something new to the table gameplay wise. They are all relatively balanced as well (m99 might need a VERY VERY slight nerf, and needs a bug fix).

The MK23 offers something different from the Magnum as well. While not as powerful or able to deal out the DPS of the Magnum, it has a large clip. It's basically a mini Handcannon.

The FN FAL may look and act VERY simular to the SCAR but it has a faster ROF and slower reload. This is a small difference but the REAL change is that you can now have a FAL and a SCAR allowing Commando to deal out a ton of damage very quickly.

Just give it time and play with them. They really do add to the game.

Upvote 0
I respectfully disagree with everything you said.

If you don't like the new weapons, then don't use them I guess. I'm enjoying them a LOT.

The M99, HSG-1 and M7A3 all bring something new to the table gameplay wise. They are all relatively balanced as well (m99 might need a VERY VERY slight nerf, and needs a bug fix).

The MK23 offers something different from the Magnum as well. While not as powerful or able to deal out the DPS of the Magnum, it has a large clip. It's basically a mini Handcannon.

The FN FAL may look and act VERY simular to the SCAR but it has a faster ROF and slower reload. This is a small difference but the REAL change is that you can now have a FAL and a SCAR allowing Commando to deal out a ton of damage very quickly.

Just give it time and play with them. They really do add to the game.

frankly I find the magnums to be utterly overshadowed by the MK.23's. the HSG1 needs to be a bit heavier imo to reduce some of the crazy loadouts support gets with it. The M7a3 is perfect imo. 3 medic guns on the same guy doesnt increase the power THAT much. if your gonna go through all 3 with the medic guns AND your syringe something is going horribly horribly wrong

the M99 is straight up OP. and I love the thing. I think it should STAY as a penetrating high damage machine. it has a LOT of weight and forces the sharpshooter to use a pseudo LAW style. on that note the reload is simply way too fast, it doesnt need a slight slight slight nerf, it needs a heavy one in reload time

also the crossbow.....just....the crossbow...try it

(info bit of the day. the MK.23 uses magazines not clips. dont want to appear a gun nazi just trying to spread the word :))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the beauty of Killing Floor...new content comes out, some people complain(sometimes understandably), but the majority of the community is just happy to have something different for a time to spice up the game a little bit for a little while. The KF community is amazing and Tripwire(I miss saying "we" here) is lucky to have such awesome, supportive fans...especially 3 years after the game's release.

Reactions: |WC|Brass
Upvote 0
Talking about guns - why do you make players PAY for them? I understand stuff like maps, enemies, skins but WHY THE HELL would you want to make your fans pay for the weapons which are basically THE MOST IMPORTANT thing in the whole game?! You just can't do that ****, really.

I and as many other people have paid for the game and releasing such important content and making us pay for it is just unforgivable. Even COD with it's sick DLC policy does not do that - they realise that guns are the thing that their game is based on. This reminds me of ME3 and it's DLC - all of it really. Pay for extra guns, pre-order for extra guns AND pre-order for very important main plot character. As I said - im ME3 guns and characters were very important, and charging for a important part of a game is a greedy move. Charge us for skins, maps, stuff that does not affect the gameplay. AND WE WILL BUY IT. But for god's sake, look at what you are doing here and stop it right here and now.

I always thought Tripwire was one of the dev's that would not fall for the DLC trend which came from CONSOLES and surprisingly is setting itself stronger into the PC gaming which is a sad thing. Since the DLC came out I haven't even started Killing Floor once because I feel like I and every other person who bought the game are treated like just wallet's rather than fans of the game and the studio.

Upvote 0
All of the new weapons bring in a new experience. Even the FAL has some unique function. (vs SCAR: slower reloads, faster cyclic rate, lower recoil)

And I think there is potential for balancing it all out so it's all unique and non-pointless. (except for the dual 9mms, seeing as the years have shown that TWI doesn't want to make them ever be anything more than a joke, even when all that would entail to bring it into the real game is a weight change to 1)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
frankly I find the magnums to be utterly overshadowed by the MK.23's. the HSG1 needs to be a bit heavier imo to reduce some of the crazy loadouts support gets with it. The M7a3 is perfect imo. 3 medic guns on the same guy doesnt increase the power THAT much. if your gonna go through all 3 with the medic guns AND your syringe something is going horribly horribly wrong

the M99 is straight up OP. and I love the thing. I think it should STAY as a penetrating high damage machine. it has a LOT of weight and forces the sharpshooter to use a pseudo LAW style. on that note the reload is simply way too fast, it doesnt need a slight slight slight nerf, it needs a heavy one in reload time

also the crossbow.....just....the crossbow...try it

(info bit of the day. the MK.23 uses magazines not clips. dont want to appear a gun nazi just trying to spread the word :))

Yes clip, not mag. I'm aware and knowone cares. :)

You are right about the new crossbow and M99. My proposal is making the SS reload bonus half as effective with these weapons. (So -30% instead of 60 on Level 6). IMO that would do it.

As far as the MK23, I like them a LOT but will still use the Magnums sometimes. They have more stopping power per bullet and for an off-perk weapon, 6 rounds are all you need for emergencies.

What crazy loadouts are allowed with Level 6 Support HSG-1? Is HSG-1/Pump Shotgun/Combat Shotgun better than AA-12/Combat Shotgun/MP5/Machete? I don't think so. Use the HSG-1 in a loadout and see how much time you spend reloading without a great way to kill the big guys. It's not an OP loadout and the HSG-1 has its downside. Magazines vs. individual shells can get you killed in a pinch. Having ALL 3 of your weapons on the 3 key can get you killed. HSG-1 does slightly less damage and costs a LOT more than the SHotgun. In many situations, its worth buying the Pump Shotgun with full ammo and then some instead of HSG-1. Price matters even on high difficulties.

Even if these weapons are slightly OP (which I feel they're not), its only slightly and quitting the game because of it is childish.

:)

Upvote 0
It's sad to hear that your friends stopped playing OP.
But for me it's the exact opposite, more friends are returning after the weapon update.

Like I said, pub games are unplayable. If I use some OP perks like support or demo, I kill like 1200 while all five of my team cant even kill ONE SINGLE SCRAKE. Its like playing solo with the 6-man mutator. My friend leave for this very reason. People just randomly rage a fleshpound with an xbow while no one in the team can actually help him cos we cant do damage to his head. And then that pound is closing in b4 the support and demo(me) finish reload. Not to mention that firebug refuse to change perk and keep blinding everyone.

If I use commando, medic, etc. NOBODY can deal with the big ones even I keep 99.9% of small zeds from them or even tank a rage pound.

At the end of the day, I rather they keep the op weapons, so that I can at least play pub games and I can just use balance weapons if I run into good players.

Upvote 0
Talking about guns - why do you make players PAY for them? I understand stuff like maps, enemies, skins but WHY THE HELL would you want to make your fans pay for the weapons which are basically THE MOST IMPORTANT thing in the whole game?! You just can't do that ****, really.

I and as many other people have paid for the game and releasing such important content and making us pay for it is just unforgivable. Even COD with it's sick DLC policy does not do that - they realise that guns are the thing that their game is based on. This reminds me of ME3 and it's DLC - all of it really. Pay for extra guns, pre-order for extra guns AND pre-order for very important main plot character. As I said - im ME3 guns and characters were very important, and charging for a important part of a game is a greedy move. Charge us for skins, maps, stuff that does not affect the gameplay. AND WE WILL BUY IT. But for god's sake, look at what you are doing here and stop it right here and now.

I always thought Tripwire was one of the dev's that would not fall for the DLC trend which came from CONSOLES and surprisingly is setting itself stronger into the PC gaming which is a sad thing. Since the DLC came out I haven't even started Killing Floor once because I feel like I and every other person who bought the game are treated like just wallet's rather than fans of the game and the studio.

TWI does not charge for weapons, enemies or anything that affects gameplay. The only DLC you can buy is different player skins/models which has no affect on the game.

Upvote 0