• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Using admin commands to play sounds globally (and vanilla sounds)?

rommy

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Is there any way to use admin commands to play sounds globally? If so, what command can I use and what format do my sounds have to be in? How do I get them to the client on map connect - do I just throw them in my /music/ folder and my redirect host?

Secondly, is there any admin command to play vanilla packaged sounds globally? Basically, I want to be able to play the "money, money money" sound at will.

I have an IRC channel set up where players can enter in chat commands, which will have the dedi server input the money command into the server console to give all players money. This is all working fine, but I'd also like to play sounds globally - the money phrases.

Is there any way to use admin commands to play sounds globally? If so, what command can I use and what format do my sounds have to be in? How do I get them to the client on map connect - do I just throw them in my /music/ folder and my redirect host?

I'm thinking no - but someone else might know something I don't

Secondly, is there any admin command to play vanilla packaged sounds globally? Basically, I want to be able to play the "money, money money" sound at will.

Speech AUTO 4

Upvote 0