• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So just how hardcore is RO2

Red Orchestra puts stupid Modern Crapfare to shame....

I came from COD:UO, fell in love with COD. But I've learned to despise COD since MW2 came out. Now they have Mw3, crapOps, and I hate those games.
World at War was a cool COD only because of the body parts...and hey, it's WW2.

I came from United Offensive as well. Now that was/is an almost perfect game, back when Call of Duty was actually good, and PC exclusive.

I agree, World at War was the last decent attempt to recapture the glory that was United Offensive (at least they tried adding tanks and a few larger maps-compared to cod4 blops mw3 mw3 maps)

Red Orchestra 2 , is actually a step in the right direction as far as a ww2 game should be.

Oxnard, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Upvote 0
How hardcare is RO2? Imagine your buddies next to you one moment and incoming artillary the next and limb-less torso's flying around aftwards with blood splirting out. That's how hardcore RO2 is....

Gameplay wise, it's intense and frustrating as ****. But very fun..... You will die alot but it is still fun either way..

Upvote 0
It's hardcore in that unless you are familiar with the map layouts, objective locations and where the enemy is commonly found, you will die a lot and often, from all sorts of angles & directions you'll have no idea where they came from.

If you are coming from Counter-Strike Source and Team Fortress 2, you may want to first start out in a FireFight Match, which is basically a Team Deathmatch with no objectives.... this will help you get familiar with the maps, weapons and who is and isn't on your team (uniforms, runnging stances, etc.) while not having to worry too much about objectives & spawn count limits.

There are three different gameplay types:

• FireFight (Team Deathmatch)
• Countdown (Counter-Strike style gameplay with one life per round)
• Territory (Original RO Game Mode with multiple respawns & objectives to capture or hold)

Now depending on how difficult you want your game to be, there are three game modes:

• Action Mode (New Player Friendly - Reduced weapon damage, recoil & sway, crosshairs, More UI / information on screen, etc.)
• Realism Mode (Less UI / Information on screen, increased weapon sway, recoil & damage, lower stamina)
• Classic Mode (to represent elements & gameplay from RO1, even less stamina, more weapon sway, more recoil, hardly any UI / Information on screen, etc.)

Now as it goes for which game mode is more "Realisitic" or "Hardcore" that depends on the individual's preferences. Each game mode has certain elements that are "Realistic/Hardcore" while also having some elements that are not.

Some may think one thing is "Hardcore/Realistic" while another will think that thing is simply annoying and not realistic at all..... the debate can and does go on forever.

It is up to you to determine which game type you prefer and which game mode suits your tastes more.

I prefer Realism + Territory the most, while someone else will prefer Classic + Countdown..... and another person will like Action + FireFight..... or some other combination.

Upvote 0
So its, hard as nails and I'm gonna watch my team mates get blown to bits, cope with one shot kills, struggle with map layouts, struggle with the keyboard and mouse etc etc. Cool, sound like fun. So long as I've an objective to go to I'm sure I will be ok, I don't much care for K/D ratios but always do well in BF3 (pre patch) and Ghost Recon FS points wise. Tried Arma 2 free, seems ok but hard to get a game where you actually find folk who chat. Does RO have in Game chat via steam or do you guys use something else?

Can someone please pm me a code, looks like my copy hasn't arrived yet... Ta!

Upvote 0