• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] ShotgunFix - Mod to fix double-hit bug

Benjamin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
France
ShotgunFix

Since it's been complained about a lot, and hasn't yet been fixed, I decided to write a mutator to fix the double-hit bug that occurs with all four shotguns.

I've tested it both online and offline, and it seems to work just fine. If anyone encounters any problems please let me know.

Killing Floor - Shotgun double-hit fix - YouTube

Download

Download it here.

Attachments

• ShotgunFix.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
If this is the bug that people abuse with scrakes, its that the pellets can hit both head and torso hitboxes - allowing for something like the hunting shotty to be a near one hit kill

If the "fix" is meant for that, I wonder why to "fix" it? IMO this is sth. great which makes you practise a lot with shotties to perfectionize such combos.
So, this means hard work and should be rewarded. :)

Upvote 0
I wouldn't call it a bug. It's just how the pellets work. If a pellet can pierce torso of one target and hurt another, why wouldn't it pierce torso and hurt the head? There's no logical reason why pellets would magically stop if the head belongs to the already damaged specimen.

And there's nothing wrong with that - a player either shoots straight and damages zeds behind the primary target, or shoots at an angle, directing the same overall damage potential onto a single target.

If you want to balance support better, just lower the damage, not make arbitrary exceptions to the basic game mechanics.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
I wouldn't call it a bug. It's just how the pellets work. If a pellet can pierce torso of one target and hurt another, why wouldn't it pierce torso and hurt the head? There's no logical reason why pellets would magically stop if the head belongs to the already damaged specimen.

And there's nothing wrong with that - a player either shoots straight and damages zeds behind the primary target, or shoots at an angle, directing the same overall damage potential onto a single target.

If you want to balance support better, just lower the damage, not make arbitrary exceptions to the basic game mechanics.

I should have been clearer. It's not that it's going through both the head and the torso (since it can only do one or the other, not both at the same time), but that it's going through the torso twice due to it hitting both collision cylinders. It's a bug. See the video. I'll update the annotations to explain it better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I should have been clearer. It's not that it's going through both the head and the torso (since it can only do one or the other, not both at the same time), but that it's going through the torso twice due to it hitting both collision cylinders. It's a bug. See the video. I'll update the annotations to explain it better.

Ah, ok, I originally watched the clip in the small window and didn't know exactly what you're referring to.

Upvote 0
ahhh ok that makes sense. The video helped to make since. Now, I assume this applies to all zzeds? or just the FP

Yes, it applies to all zeds.

Hi Benjamin,
Its possible to include in this mutator the fix for the hunting shotgun no reload bug (aka automatic hunting gun).
Thanks!

I would if I knew the fix (or knew how to do the exploit so I could possibly develop a fix for it). ;)

Thanks Benjamin. I've noticed that in your Readme.txt that in order to enable the mutator,add in mutator line using the name ShotgunFix.MutShotfunFix.

Is that correct? or it should be ShotgunFix.MutShotgunFix?

Sorry, you're right, it should be MutShotgunFix. I thought I corrected it but apparently not. Thanks for pointing that out.

Upvote 0