• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Streaming bans?

SQBsam

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
Australia
With the influx of new players we have, unfortunately, received an influx of (mostly preteen, hence why we're apprehensive about you guys hopping on the servers, demonstrate your maturity and we'll be happy to play with you) griefing players. They TK in spawn (on purpose), spam the mic with music/irrelevant chatter and target anybody attempting to play tactically with offensive and immature language.

Is there a way to stream bans over the server network? The ones who were causing trouble on my main server (Cat's Aussie/NZ) were moving wherever the playercount was highest in the Aussie community, they seemed to be a group of friends too.

Their usernames are: ---- and ----, there's one more but they left when threatened with bans.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the influx of new players we have, unfortunately, received an influx of (mostly preteen, hence why we're apprehensive about you guys hopping on the servers, demonstrate your maturity and we'll be happy to play with you) griefing players. They TK in spawn (on purpose), spam the mic with music/irrelevant chatter and target anybody attempting to play tactically with offensive and immature language.

Is there a way to stream bans over the server network? The ones who were causing trouble on my main server (Cat's Aussie/NZ) were moving wherever the playercount was highest in the Aussie community, they seemed to be a group of friends too.

Their usernames are: ---- and ----, there's one more but they left when threatened with bans.
I guess PBBans still works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I think PBbans is only for hackers not simple team killing. That's probably something the admin needs to blacklist them for. Though the game already boots you automatically after like 3 or 4 team kills. Which is actually kind of annoying if your not doing it intentionally. Like I was guarding the point on Barracks an the new free weekend players were fond of going out towards enemy points an then coming in backwards from the direction the enemy should be. So I end up mowing down too many friendlies lol.

Upvote 0
I got this game 2 days ago, when it was on sale. I'm 14 years old, and I really hate the ageism on so many servers. That's why I tend to only stick with my normal friends that play other games with me... It's very annoying. I don't understand why people think that all young people are incompetent fools who are unable to think, and perform basic tactics (although, I can admit that is the case with many people, especially plays whom fancy themselves savvy with tactics due to having played Battlefield 3... No offense to Battlefield 3 players.)

By the way, does this forum have itself a server for Red Orchestra 2? I would enjoy playing on it.

Upvote 0
I got this game 2 days ago, when it was on sale. I'm 14 years old, and I really hate the ageism on so many servers. That's why I tend to only stick with my normal friends that play other games with me... It's very annoying. I don't understand why people think that all young people are incompetent fools who are unable to think, and perform basic tactics (although, I can admit that is the case with many people, especially plays whom fancy themselves savvy with tactics due to having played Battlefield 3... No offense to Battlefield 3 players.)

By the way, does this forum have itself a server for Red Orchestra 2? I would enjoy playing on it.
Look for servers beginning with TWI Official......

Upvote 0

It's usually the bad apples of the bunch who ruin it for the rest in your age group. I've come across a few around your age over the years who played properly, but to be honest, I came across a lot more around your age who troll, spam the mic with crap music and ruin everything for everybody.

You'll find servers with people who'll give you a hard time and you'll find servers with a decent population of players who'll cut you some slack.... but what you need to do is get in touch with the server admin when these things happen. There's a lot of slack server admins out there, but also some good ones too.

Also keep in mind that in most countries around the world, the age requirement for the game is higher than your current age, and some will give you a hard time due to some admins restricting language and chat to not offend the young.

Just try and find a couple of servers that treat you well and are moderated decently and things will be fine.

But if it'll make you feel better, be glad you're not a female trying to play :cool: I remember what a few girls went through while playing TFC back in the day... a lot of guys have their brains drop into their pants the moment they hear a female voice in-game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sam, if theres someone causing trouble send cat a message with the server your on and the players involved. If hes not online, feel free to add me next time you see me and shoot me a msg, no need to stream intentional tkers- we can just ban them from the server.

Thanks SiDDa, I saw you online a couple of hours after they left, you were at the top of the scoreboards as usual!

It's been reported to Cat/Red One, they shouldn't be coming back. Bit of a waste of ten bucks for them isn't it? Perhaps it's worth it for the momentary empowerment...

Upvote 0