• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Every time I start the game steam wants to install someting?

NICK ALTMAN

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Split, Croatia
Every time I start the game Steam Client Service asks do I want to instali:

"buildbot_winslave04_steam_steam_rel_cli..."

It deosn't matter if I answer yes or no. The game starts normally and works normally. Is there a way to fix this? Its so anoying and I have no idea what is it for. No other Steam games do this.

Is there a solution? Please help.

I am fairly certain this is the worst place to look for support. I posted a thread 3 days ago complete with a freaking launch log and didn't get a single response beyond my own bumps.
what? how can someone bump a support ticket? i think you missed what was being said here.:confused:
sorry you're mad about the game not working for you anymore. but this isn't helping anyone.

Upvote 0
Please, if you're not posting in Support section to help someone then don't post. You're making it more unclear how to help the OP by watering his issue.

NICK ALTMAN - I had a problem with that once. It went away after I had to reinstall the system and the game. I don't know if you have to do both or just reinstall alone will help. The safer course will be to send steam support a ticket as the others said.

Upvote 0
I have this same issue, as do several people I play with.

For all of those I have spoken to it appeared after the recent major patch.

It pops up like one of those dependency dialogs that installs dependencies the first time you run the game, but it keeps popping up every time I launch.

I am reticent about requesting support on Steam. They don't have the best track record when it comes to actually helping anyone with anything.

Upvote 0
I have this same issue, as do several people I play with.

For all of those I have spoken to it appeared after the recent major patch.

It pops up like one of those dependency dialogs that installs dependencies the first time you run the game, but it keeps popping up every time I launch.

I am reticent about requesting support on Steam. They don't have the best track record when it comes to actually helping anyone with anything.

Yeah. That seems to be the issue. I ll try to start the game with the firewall down and see what happens.

EDIT:

No, it didn't help.

I did verfy the game catch. It always downloads 3 files and installs them all over again but the same issue remains.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am having the same issue, glad so see I'm not the only one.;)

I have so far just ignored it and regarded it as a slight inconvenience. I have completely disabled my Firewall and ensured my anti-virus is not blocking anything, but still no luck in stopping it from occuring.:confused:

I have 'verified local game cache' several times with no success there either?

Upvote 0
I am having the same issue, glad so see I'm not the only one.;)

I have so far just ignored it and regarded it as a slight inconvenience. I have completely disabled my Firewall and ensured my anti-virus is not blocking anything, but still no luck in stopping it from occuring.:confused:

I have 'verified local game cache' several times with no success there either?

Nope. Tried the same things. It didn't fix it.

Upvote 0