• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Death moans/cries

lazerBAR

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
I hear them a lot more now but not all of them like in beta? I remember being shot in the stomach and my guy grabbing his gut and screaming like crazy, but it doesn't happen anymore other than the occasional moaning on the ground. There was a lot of cries/moans during the beta but not anymore that much when soldiers are grabbing places where they are shot. Was this on purpose? How can I make it so I can hear a larger variety of all the cries and moans? I don't know I just like the atmosphere it gave the game, I'm not a sadists or anything. :p

I hear them a lot more now but not all of them like in beta? I remember being shot in the stomach and my guy grabbing his gut and screaming like crazy, but it doesn't happen anymore other than the occasional moaning on the ground. There was a lot of cries/moans during the beta but not anymore that much when soldiers are grabbing places where they are shot. Was this on purpose? How can I make it so I can hear a larger variety of all the cries and moans? I don't know I just like the atmosphere it gave the game, I'm not a sadists or anything. :p

The grabbing and animations are still there, there are some sound problems that have been solved by modders introducing their own sound effects into the game, however last I checked the modders were unsure what options they changed to get them back!

Upvote 0
Funniest one I heard yesterday.

I snuck up behind the German commander on Dreck's Coldsteel (shameless plug there). He was lying on a table peering thru a window and I got him with a bayonet. He slides off the table out the window (first floor) and

(paraphrased) "Oh my God, not me, NOT ME ohhhh" gurgle gurgle... death

Superman no more

I just stopped everything I was laughing so hard :D

Upvote 0
I, for one, quite enjoyed P.T.S.D.: The Video Game: The Beta.
It added so much atmosphere to the game. I've been hearing a lot less death cries as of late. I think TW should add an option for it and its frequency, though. I remember some of those made the game really... intense.

I dont want to say I LOVED the death screams because I'd sound like a sick bastard. but your right, the screams and death throws of your allies presented the horrors of war in a way that many games haven't.

I want the sound files from beta now. <3

Upvote 0
I hear them a lot more now with the patch. I missed them a bit. My fondest memory has to be the first time playing HoS.

*Initiate flashback effect*

September 13, 2011. I was playing Barracks on the German campaign, just getting used to the transition from Ostfront. The first objective, I whip around a wall and spray down a good 5-8 people, including some friendlies. All of them rolling around screaming and crying in pools of their own blood. It was pretty intense.

Upvote 0