• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can't see servers in the server browser at all.

Maxxx

May 26, 2012
I've downloaded Red Orchestra 2 from Steam because there's a free weekend and I thought of buying the game so I wanted to try it, anyway, I can't see servers on the server browser at all, I've tried Steam's server browser too, on Steam, not on the game itself and it doesn't work neither, I tried the masterserver2.vdf fix, and I still can't see any servers on the list, I did play today once though when my friend invited me to a server on Steam but I can't join servers if he's not online and inviting me, because I can't see any servers on the server browser, does anyone know how can I fix that?

Same problem here.
But after some restarts of the Game i get sometimes servers shown in the browser but sometimes not very strange thing.

So i bought it because i was thinking the troubles are gone and now i have a crappy new one.

Next Problem i have is that when i join on some servers I can start the game run and shoot in the level but every enemy or friend is freezd and i can do nothing else.

And on some servers i have no troubles but their are only 2 or 3 i find i can playing without freezing in the class joining menu or when i start in the level all other players are freezed but no error came up, i have to leave the game.

Anybody have a solution ?

To my System its a new Highend PC and all other online games like BF3 etc. have no troubles at all.

Upvote 0
I've got the same problem. Had it since the game was released. I can't believe Tripwire haven't managed to fix this issue yet. Yesterday I installed 5.5 Gb of patches for the game and the server browser still doesn't work.... How is it possible? I will never ever again buy a tripwire game, that's for sure.

Upvote 0
Can you try the suggestions made by [TW]Swag (see post #3) in this thread?

I know it's a different subject, but it might be that your ISP is blocking the packages during the server search.

Ive had the game since launch, even working on a mod for it, and i havent been able to have a proper game in a long time simply because i cant find servers.

My Router is fine with Steam and can play other online games without a problem. On some days Ro2 finds 30 or so servers that i can play on, other days (like today) it doesnt find a single server.

The suggestion posted in the 3rd post does not help.

Upvote 0
Ive had the game since launch, even working on a mod for it, and i havent been able to have a proper game in a long time simply because i cant find servers.

My Router is fine with Steam and can play other online games without a problem. On some days Ro2 finds 30 or so servers that i can play on, other days (like today) it doesnt find a single server.

The suggestion posted in the 3rd post does not help.

Meh, can someone suggest something else then?

Upvote 0
I know now what helps me really last time the shut off of the online platform from Ea`s Origin. When you have running it in the background try to shut it done and all have to be fine.

Last time i was thinking of updating Pb and shut off the steam community for R02 but Ea`s Origin is the problem.

Hope i it helps you !

Update i can reproduce this issue with non shown servers everty time when origin is running in the background, so for that people who has origin shut it down for the time you playing Ro2 and all servers are shown up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you try the suggestions made by [TW]Swag (see post #3) in this thread?

I know it's a different subject, but it might be that your ISP is blocking the packages during the server search.

I tried this and it didn't work unfortunately. I checked that all the required ports were open using portchecker, and i also tried playing with upnp and dmz settings but nothing.

Its so frustrating because i have this awesome game and i really want to play it but i can't.

Please help TWI is there anything else you can think of?

BTW i do not have Origin running, and i have tried the masterserver.vdf fix. I just can't see any servers and i haven't been able to for months now :(

ps i have also tried the hotfix RE game version and nothing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0