• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should weapons have function to stop reloading

Victhor-ASH

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
Romania
I was thinking about this feature yesterday, when I was playing with the G41, shouldn't the weapons have a feature so that lets say you reload 3 bullets in the weapon you can stop the reloading by pressing click 1? Same for the smg's when you want to stop reloading because your in a skirmish why not press the mouse button one when reloading to stop the action so that you can fight with the remaining bullets in your magasine.

Yes but why do you need to use melee, why not press only a button and cease the reloading action, come on even Call of duty has this feature, why wouldn't Red Orchestra 2 have it ?

You can use shift-sprint too. Both are just the press of a button or two.

Call of duty has that feature because it relies so heavily on run-and-gun gameplay that if you had to use that absurd whips-out-knife-instantly melee to interrupt the reload, toddlers and preteens worldwide would be crying and complaining. ;)

In Red Orchestra, if you're caught off guard so frequently while reloading, you're doing it wrong.:p

Upvote 0
This for me is only an issue with sniper rifles.

In Darkest Hour you could start reloading and load x number of bullets and click again,
your character closed the bolt and you had x shots. This was super awesome and saved my
and my comrades lives dozens of times.
Now I have to wait for captain slow to stack all 5 rounds into the sniper rifle in order to shoot.

It would be great if TWI implented something like that old DH system.

Upvote 0
So, let me get this straight.

You start to reload. You pull the magazine out of the weapon. Ooops, don't want to reload. Insert magazine back into weapon?
The current game pretty much does that already. If you stop the animation before it completes, you have to reload as it magically puts the same magazine back in (or in the case of bolt actions, it doesn't load the stripper clip).

There is no delay to allow for gathering a new magazine after (or before) you've started the process of removing the other. Are you seriously asking to have no magazine in the weapon when you stop reloading?

Upvote 0
I think such a feature would be very useful for weapons such as the G41. When you reload single rounds in the weapon and you go in a skirmish you need to stop the reloading and start firing with how many rounds you have put in. As for the bolt action rifles this feature would be a must need feature. Because it will emphasise on the chalenge of reloading while in battle.

Upvote 0
I think this feature is very easy to implement, so that lets say if you press the first mousebutton you can stop the reloading action. This would be very useful for rifles that load in single bullets like the bolt action snipers so that you can focus on your target. I don't see any reason for not adding this feature, is very annoying to press melee or run to stop the reloading action why not implement is as a feature.

Upvote 0