• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank Suggestions

Boboda

Apr 7, 2011
GO!

1. Tanks should have darker interiors even when in the sun:

Too light

tdvp

Just right

tduH

2. Incremental Throttle should be based on max speed

Example: 25% of 50 mph should have the tank moving at 13 mph.

For some reason, especially with the Panzer IV anything below 90% leaves the tank moving at a turtles pace.

3. The Tank Commander in the Panzer IV should be able to face the turret.

The TC in the T-34 plays the role of both a gunner and commander and has the ability to face the turret, so why is it taken away from the Germans?

4. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TRIPWIRE, FIX THE TANKS SO THEY STOP GETTING STUCK ON EVERYTHING!

List of Things stronger than a tank:

a. Railroad Tracks

b. Ditches

c. Sandbags

d. Debris

e. :IS2:

Edit: Another point I forgot to make was tanks shouldn't stop when you switch positions. This makes it hard to solo in a tank if you want to shoot and move.

Last edited:
I know this is going to get glossed over, but the new spawn with tank/die with tank system makes me simply not want to play them. I can't get out of my tank to stand on top of it and look over buildings or hilltops, I can't get out to help guide my driver through narrow obstacles, and if the last human player in a tank is killed - even by a stray pistol round - the tank explodes. It's unrealistic and annoying. Since the system was apparently introduced to stop tank-jumping, simply adding unskippable enter/exit animations longer than an enemy tank's reload time would fix that and make tanks fun to play again.

Upvote 0
Since the system was apparently introduced to stop tank-jumping...
I think it runs deeper than that. In RO1 tanks were tools to be used by tank crews; in RO2 the tank is no longer a tool and has become the player avatar itself. With tanks taking on the characteristics of a player avatar issues are introduced, such as the inability to get out/in and armour respawn rates on a par with all other player avatars (i.e., infantry). Someone in TWI really hated the ability to get out of a tank in RO but instead of improving the mechanic to prevent the old RO1 exploits it was easier to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Upvote 0