• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Welcome screen format??

I was always under the impression that the Welcome Screen section was nothing more than a WYSIWYG interface. Upon testing it, I was proven correct.

There aren't any special formatting characters to get a line feed. The only thing I found weird was the fact that the server has to be shut down and restarted in order for the new Welcome Message to be shown to a new client connecting.

Upvote 0
How do I format text in the welcome screen?

Like make new lines. It doesn't recognize "Enter" key and HTML doesn't seem to work.

Which part of the welcome screen are you talking about?
Part one at the top is for a banner,which should be a web link.
Part two is text
Part three is text
Part four is for a web link.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was always under the impression that the Welcome Screen section was nothing more than a WYSIWYG interface. Upon testing it, I was proven correct.

There aren't any special formatting characters to get a line feed. The only thing I found weird was the fact that the server has to be shut down and restarted in order for the new Welcome Message to be shown to a new client connecting.

For me they show up on my client when the next map starts. I never need to restart the server after updating the welcome screen messages.

Upvote 0
WYSIWYG isn't so for me.
maybe for 1 line of text, but hitting "Enter" still just produces one line with:
@nl@ between sentances.

Like:

This is the first like of text@nl@this is the second@nl@I cant have multiple lines :(

That happens in the top text block (just below the picture). The other two text blocks behave as WYSIWYG and enters do work in those two.

Upvote 0
WYSIWYG isn't so for me.
maybe for 1 line of text, but hitting "Enter" still just produces one line with:
@nl@ between sentances.

Like:

This is the first like of text@nl@this is the second@nl@I cant have multiple lines :(

Change it in the .ini here:

[ROGame.ROGameInfo]

BannerLink=http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn148/Major_Day/rogame2011-09-1820-52-53-19-4-1.png
ClanMotto=--Die Rote Teufeln--
ClanMottoColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255)
ServerMOTD=Please enjoy your time on our server
ServerMOTDColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255)
WebLink=www.alpha-networks.co.uk
WebLinkColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Change it in the .ini here:

[ROGame.ROGameInfo]

BannerLink=http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn148/Major_Day/rogame2011-09-1820-52-53-19-4-1.png
ClanMotto=--Die Rote Teufeln--
ClanMottoColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255)
ServerMOTD=Please enjoy your time on our server
ServerMOTDColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255)
WebLink=www.alpha-networks.co.uk
WebLinkColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255)

I can update the data just fine.
I'm talking about the web admin interface giving you LOADS of space in the "clan motto" field, but not allowing us to have multiple lines without visual errors. Thanks for the post though :)

Upvote 0