• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just shot a guy in the arm, he shoots me back immediately and kills me

Getting shot in the arm is a completely survivable wound. It wouldn't immediately disable someone depending on where hit, but it is perfectly reasonable to still be able to retaliate after.

Plus, adrenaline is a helluva drug.

I've been shot in the arm with a rifle bullt in this game before. Turn around, raise weapon from standing position, rock-solid aim, fire and kill, from 60feet.

Ridiculous.

Upvote 0
I understand adrenaline. It works similar to this, but we are flesh. Hopefully people can see what I am getting at.

Your thoughts on situations like this?
i guess you want the weapon dropped like in ostfront? well, i guess i can't blame you if you do. would have been nice if they kept that feature. but how do we know you didn't just graze him?;)

Upvote 0
I understand adrenaline. It works similar to this, but we are flesh. Hopefully people can see what I am getting at.

Your thoughts on situations like this?

My thoughts?

In an ideal world, I'd like to see any hit to your body deal instant, full suppression, jostling your aim. If a bullet hitting the window sill next to you is scary, a bullet smashing your elbow would be terrifying. I'm all for stricter wound penalties.

Dunno if we'll see something this extreme though. It makes perfect sense to me--and it would make getting hit feel more like panic and less like an inconvenience.;)

But for now, take cover, wait for him to inevitably begin bandaging, then shoot him.:p

Last edited:
Reactions: echutter
Upvote 0
Getting shot in the arm is a completely survivable wound. It wouldn't immediately disable someone depending on where hit, but it is perfectly reasonable to still be able to retaliate after.

Plus, adrenaline is a helluva drug.

Interesting point, are you willing to test this in real life? I will shoot you in the arm and then you can shoot me back ok? Or I shoot you and then we see how straight you can point a weapon.
And since we like statistics we will do this several times :)

In a game like this we're not talking about wounds that you can survive, but wounds that make you unable to fight. Leg, hand, arm shots should give huge penalities in the immediate future, in the game it's like having a health bar.

Upvote 0
The problem is that when shot, your aim isn't jostled or moved at all. You can talk all you want about adrenaline and taking time to notice that you're injured, but that doesn't change physics. A full power rifle round to your arm will cause damage to bone, muscle, ligaments, etc. that will throw your aim off. For gameplay purposes I don't mind it not having a permanent effect, but it should have some short-term impacts. Getting that first shot off and hitting your opponent, even if it isn't in a critical area, should have some realistic rewards.

Upvote 0
It really depends on how the bullet hits in real life. Does it go straight through the flesh/muscle? Does it spin, shatter bone etc... it's really not that unbelievable that a shot to the arm doesn't stop a guy in his tracks in the middle of a firefight.

Do what they train you to do in real life. Shoot center mass (or head since it's a game).

Upvote 0
I once was shot in the neck by a sniper.

I was in my death animation (wobbling from side to side) and the screen was turning grey.

I saw the snipers head, instantly raised my sights and held my breath. My sights didn't move at all (which is what happens when you hold breath; the higher the rank the longer you can have motionless sights). I pointed and clicked on the sniper and blew his forehead out the back of his skull.

1 second later I lay on the ground grasping the hole through my windpipe.

I for one know for a fact that the wounding/deaths in the game are flawed.

Upvote 0
It really depends on how the bullet hits in real life. Does it go straight through the flesh/muscle? Does it spin, shatter bone etc... it's really not that unbelievable that a shot to the arm doesn't stop a guy in his tracks in the middle of a firefight.

Do what they train you to do in real life. Shoot center mass (or head since it's a game).

You're completely missing the point. Even aiming a rifle from the standing position while completely healthy, and not in a war, is not easy over long distance.

Doing it in a warzone, after being shot in the arm with a rifle bullet, is farcical. You even have rock-solid aim when you've been fatally wounded! It's not at all realisitc, and it's not at all fair from a gameplay aspect.

Upvote 0
That there are even players who don't understand the problem shocked me.

When you give advise like "respawn adn get over it" or "shoot in the head next time" i give you the advise "CoD is this way -> www.callofduty.com"

I fully aggree with OP it can't be that you can shoot straight back when you got shot in the arm/leg other non lethal parts of your virtual body.

Yes there are some real life examples were someone got shot and didn't even noticed...........that is called a extreme.

Upvote 0
I once was shot in the neck by a sniper.

I was in my death animation (wobbling from side to side) and the screen was turning grey.

I saw the snipers head, instantly raised my sights and held my breath. My sights didn't move at all (which is what happens when you hold breath; the higher the rank the longer you can have motionless sights). I pointed and clicked on the sniper and blew his forehead out the back of his skull.

1 second later I lay on the ground grasping the hole through my windpipe.

I for one know for a fact that the wounding/deaths in the game are flawed.

^

This is what wrong.

OP's post had nothing unusual. You might've just grazed his arm. Aim for the damn torso if you want kills.

Upvote 0
If I shoot a guy in the arm, and he shoots me dead shortly after. Then I blame myself for not hitting the player in the right section of the body.

In other words, stop blaming the game if the game offers you the possibility to prevent it. And considering that the torso+head is easier to hit than the arms, there's really no excuse why you shouldn't.

Upvote 0