• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-BrewPub

Swift-Brutal-Death

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
Name: KF-BrewPub
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tyjcb9px3lcmcp4
Version: Beta1-1
Size: 9.1MB unzipped

This map has a bit of work left as far as finishing some of the rooms and covering up black surfaces of death. There are doors blocking places that will be accessible at a later date.

Also music will be added later.

This is modeled after the brew pub I work at. The following pictures are shots of the real building next to game screen shots.

Spoiler!

2012030300013.jpg

2012030300012.jpg

2012030300007.jpg

2012030300003e.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

i gave this map a try and i have to say IT ROCKS :D.
I love the outside stage area. You can hide behind the desks and shoot the zombies until they overrun you :).

When i downloaded the map i was unable to play it, because it wasn't listed in the game. I opend the level in the editor and got a loading error message (look attachment).
After saving the map again i was finaly able to play it, but some textures seemed to be missing.

Are you still working on the map?
I found some other bugs which may be related witch the error message.

Attachments

• EditorError.png
    EditorError.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 0
  • BrokenSky.jpg
    BrokenSky.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
  • FlyingDocuments.jpg
    FlyingDocuments.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
  • StrangeHingedDoor.jpg
    StrangeHingedDoor.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hi,

i gave this map a try and i have to say IT ROCKS :D.
I love the outside stage area. You can hide behind the desks and shoot the zombies until they overrun you :).

When i downloaded the map i was unable to play it, because it wasn't listed in the game. I opend the level in the editor and got a loading error message (look attachment).
After saving the map again i was finaly able to play it, but some textures seemed to be missing.

Are you still working on the map?
I found some other bugs which may be related witch the error message.

Hey thanks for checking it out and commenting! Sometimes I get errors on maps that I've played many times before and I have to select killing floor on steam, right click, properties, local files tab, then verify game cache. I'm not sure what exactly happens during that but usually that and a reboot gets me back into gaming.

This is a beta, in fact the first release so there are some things that need fixing/adjusting. As far as your attached pictures:

1. Should be fine after verify of game cache
2. Oh weird, i looked closer in editor and can see the seem you pointed out
3. Will be fixed : )
4. Will be fixed

This map was designed after my place of work

Spoiler!

Not sure when I'll get back to it.

Upvote 0
Wow! I love it when people actually base their maps off of real life places like you just did! And the reference photos? It's gold! I love making that connection, I just wish more people would do this such as developers of mods and games.

A model of my elem/middle/high school/neighborhood? I always wanted to burn them down and see a zombie apocalypse in my city. :D

Upvote 0