• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server log not being saved

Cat_in_da_Hat

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2006
Any clues on why my log files are not being written. Below is the ugly command line that I use. Generated by TCAdmin so it is a bit all over the place but it has the reference -log=serverlog.log

Is there something in the ROGame.ini that needs changing?

TE-Apartments?mutator=Antilag.Antilag,DynamicMapRotator.DynamicMapRotator,TankTweak.TankTweak,BotDetonator.BotDetonator?MinPlayers=32 -log=serverlog.log?MaxPlayers=52?EnableWebAdmin=True?WebAdminPort=7781 -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=119.252.191.61 -port=7779

Any clues on why my log files are not being written. Below is the ugly command line that I use. Generated by TCAdmin so it is a bit all over the place but it has the reference -log=serverlog.log

TE-Apartments?mutator=Antilag.Antilag,DynamicMapRotator.DynamicMapRotator,TankTweak.TankTweak,BotDetonator.BotDetonator?MinPlayers=32 -log=serverlog.log?MaxPlayers=52?EnableWebAdmin=True?WebAdminPort=7781 -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=119.252.191.61 -port=7779

ROEngine.ini

[LogFiles]
PurgeLogsDays=3
LogTimes=True

Upvote 0

Your commandline is messed up. The filename of your log file is: serverlog.log?MaxPlayers=52?EnableWebAdmin=True?WebAdminPort=7781. I'm 100% sure that no OS will accept that file name. Your commandline should be:
Code:
TE-Apartments?mutator=Antilag.Antilag,DynamicMapRotator.DynamicMapRotator,TankTweak.TankTweak,BotDetonator.BotDetonator?MinPlayers=32[COLOR=yellow]?MaxPlayers=52?EnableWebAdmin=True?WebAdminPort=7781 [COLOR=yellow]-log=serverlog.log[/COLOR][/COLOR] -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=119.252.191.61 -port=7779

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm still not getting logs.

Got my server host to fix up the command line, thanks Ducky for that assist.

TE-Apartments?mutator=Antilag.Antilag,DynamicMapRotator.DynamicMapRotator,TankTweak.TankTweak,BotDetonator.BotDetonator?MinPlayers=32?MaxPlayers=52?EnableWebAdmin=True?WebAdminPort=7781 -log=serverlog.log -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=119.252.191.61 -port=7779

Also checked and removed from ROEngine.ini

Suppress=ScriptLog
Suppress=ScriptWarning
Suppress=Log

And also verified in ROEngine.ini that this was there.

[LogFiles]
PurgeLogsDays=3
LogTimes=True

Anything else i should try ? Apart from a reinstall.

Upvote 0
I'm still not getting logs.

Got my server host to fix up the command line, thanks Ducky for that assist.

TE-Apartments?mutator=Antilag.Antilag,DynamicMapRotator.DynamicMapRotator,TankTweak.TankTweak,BotDetonator.BotDetonator?MinPlayers=32?MaxPlayers=52?EnableWebAdmin=True?WebAdminPort=7781 -log=serverlog.log -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=119.252.191.61 -port=7779

Also checked and removed from ROEngine.ini

Suppress=ScriptLog
Suppress=ScriptWarning
Suppress=Log

And also verified in ROEngine.ini that this was there.

[LogFiles]
PurgeLogsDays=3
LogTimes=True

Anything else i should try ? Apart from a reinstall.

That all seemd to look ok now. I'm running out of options on why your server isn't creating any logs. :(

Upvote 0
That did the trick. Thanks mate.

Time to change your name to

Major 'saves the' Day

So do you think it was composition or lack of the -nohomedir phrase ?

Edit - just noticed that the log file is constantly growing. Server has been running for about two and a half hours and the log is 13,600KB and getting bigger. Is that normal ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Love his work - Dirty Harry.

Hey should i be concerned about the size of these log files. They have never been that large on my server.

50k log file after a few hours ?

Has it something to do with the new debug stuck TWI put in after the last update?

I did notice when I removed some of the mutators, the growth of the log file was slower.

Should I have anything to worry about here ?

Upvote 0
Love his work - Dirty Harry.

Hey should i be concerned about the size of these log files. They have never been that large on my server.

50k log file after a few hours ?

Has it something to do with the new debug stuck TWI put in after the last update?

I did notice when I removed some of the mutators, the growth of the log file was slower.

Should I have anything to worry about here ?

If it's caused by one of the mutators, then please attach one of those logs.

Upvote 0