• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design SDK sample maps request

11_HARLEY_11

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
I know you guys are crazy busy but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind adding another example scene to your collection.
I'm after a really simplified version of a TE-map like Apartments where the objectives are two at a time. (ie must hold two before they are locked and move on to the next two) I'm really new to Kismet and I've tried to study and copy stuff from apartments but it's very confusing with so much Kismet stuff going on there, I'm not getting much joy. :eek:

I'm sure others would really appreciate this too. Pretty please? :p

Well I just created a small sample that has two sets of objectives in pairs.

1 and 2 enable and are axis owned. Allies need to take them both before moving on to second set.

If you cap 1 it is a defendable objective while you go and cap 2.

1 and 2 are locked when both are capped, then 3 and 4 enable etc.

That should get you going.

If you have bots in PIE you will see them spawn and die because I only added two spawn points per player start group.

See attached zip for sample.

I put some comments above nodes to help with flow.

HTH

Attachments

• MapSample-ObjectivesInPairs.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I just created a small sample that has two sets of objectives in pairs.

1 and 2 enable and are axis owned. Allies need to take them both before moving on to second set.

If you cap 1 it is a defendable objective while you go and cap 2.

1 and 2 are locked when both are capped, then 3 and 4 enable etc.

That should get you going.

If you have bots in PIE you will see them spawn and die because I only added two spawn points per player start group.

See attached zip for sample.

I put some comments above nodes to help with flow.

HTH

:eek: Gleedo that is exactly what I was after! Thank you very much for taking the time to do it for me. I'm off to study what you've done. Thanks again!
:IS2:

Upvote 0
Sorry Gleedo but I need your help again mate. :( I've been trying to add another set of twin objectives after the 3rd and 4th but I'm not exactly sure how to plug it in. Would you mind showing me how to do that? My attempts have been quite fruitless and pretty frustrating.

No problem - I will tweak it when I get home and put up another link.

Upvote 0
You are awesome Gleedo, thank you again.

If I can't work out what you've done to add these this time I'm going to get professional help. :p

edit: I totally see it now! I got close to that with one of my tries but I think I left out the second 'Objective Status' or something of equally great importance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0